Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Firemin
  • 1 Post By Cornmeal

Oryx Lounge (Doha) - Transit Questions

Closed Thread

Oryx Lounge (Doha) - Transit Questions

Can't seem to find an information on booking with them. I have a nine hours layover time in Doha ; on the selected date of my transit there, the Oryx hotel has no rooms available and I don't have any plans to venture out of the airport premises.

All I could gather about the lounge is, after six hours stay, I'll be charged for the next "session" and that it's available first come first served basis ( so, pre-booking isn't available?).

Or, are there any other better alternatives? Any suggestions pls? Thanks a lot!!

Upgrade to Business Class and stay in their lounge for the whole nine hours

Try lounge buddy, used it for Dubai lounge bookings was good for 7hr connection, less than 300HKD at the time

hannah01 likes this.

I used a sleep pod last time I transited there (22hrs transit!!). It's basically a private cabin with a glorified lie flat business class seat but it was comfortable and quiet enough for me...

https://dohahamadairport.com/relaxat...y-sleep-lounge

shri and hannah01 like this.

a nice bottle of Single malt, plastic cup and a sofa ish type of seating area is all you need to survive 9 hours, oh dont forget to set alarm on your phone so you dont miss your flight

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Upgrade to Business Class and stay in their lounge for the whole nine hours
    Nope. I'll be flying economy. Saving up for other purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    I used a sleep pod last time I transited there (22hrs transit!!). It's basically a private cabin with a glorified lie flat business class seat but it was comfortable and quiet enough for me...

https://dohahamadairport.com/relaxat...y-sleep-lounge
    I'll check that as well. Thanks! I realized that my layover is just 7. 5 hours. I could just take a lie down a couple hours in this lounge's cabin and then stroll around the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    a nice bottle of Single malt, plastic cup and a sofa ish type of seating area is all you need to survive 9 hours, oh dont forget to set alarm on your phone so you dont miss your flight

I've seen a lot of people do that but I'm simply not into it. I rather feel uncomfortable and unsafe (especially, since 8 travel alone most of the time).