Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 107 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Not if they still have to pay taxes to the mainland on their local HK income...
    Haven't checked in detail but i think its still a grey area and not sure if its implemented to full extent for private sector yet. Also there is/will be DTA to avoid double taxation depending on residence status in the long run so most likely won't be any different from expats coming from other parts of the world!!

BTW, China is good at making first-copy of everything US/World does, isn't it!!!

https://www.eca-international.com/in...mainland-china
    Last edited by ndt; 15-11-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Trends in investment banking / hedge funds are similar across all functions. The number of people relocating to Singapore or Europe has accelerated over the past year or so, many families with children unable to schedule holidays to see family, or smaller companies relocating altogether because of business constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillypots:
    Also, why do you assume everyone is relocating to England? Plenty of other countries to move to…,……….
    Basically we have a record of all quotes we make and over 70% are to the UK and nearly all of them are BNO.
    Sage and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Basically we have a record of all quotes we make and over 70% are to the UK and nearly all of them are BNO.
    Hey!

This thread is about anecdotal evidence, not good solid data that is not available elsewhere and just happens to corroborate exactly what most people already think.

You should delete your comment immediately! I’m sure it’s the type of fact the govt prefers to suppress.
    Jillypots and physdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I hope HK doesn’t start following China’s Covid policies, or there’ll be a lot less dogs to move:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-in-quarantine

HK’s medical system no longer run on basis of science, as politics sometimes override science, she said.
    But but but ... free healthcare and all that!

Multiple units in my large development now appear to be coming on offer at 10% below 2015 asking prices.

One unit on my floor seems to have been vacant for several months now.

More than six global banks and at least four asset managers have relocated their headquarters out of the city, including Germany's Commerzbank, according to a tally by Nikkei Asia.

Noticed that hotel lounge (longer term stays and top tier hotel chain members) seem to swung to slight majority to mandarin vs canto. I'm assuming a lot of coming across the border more easily now.

Used to be primarily Europeans/westerners and overseas born Chinese and a fair mix of canto.

Hotel lobby and local streets in North Point - hear a lot of mandarin vs Feb/March. Similar on recent MTR trips (hardly ever took longer MTR trips).

Similar at Grand Hyatt in Sep, though weekends seems to have much more western expats.

Marriott Courtyard in SYP -> 3 months in June/July - fair mix of canto and westerners (business hotel, less tourists and staycation).

ymmv.

Plutark likes this.

If there's one good thing that comes from all this, hopefully it's lower property prices across HK. Half off would be nice.

Elegiaque, Paxbritannia and qhank like this.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 107 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast