Like Tree87Likes

Selfish Masks, HEPA Filters and ...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I believe there is some element of truth in among all of it, but if an expat wants to play poker with the wrong tram driver or passengers then his busted flush will either be removal from public transport as permitted by the Cap (and a fine though I don’t see how that could be enforced) or passengers calling his bluff, calling the police and definitely ending up with a fine as a bare minimum.

Either way the rest of us expats will bear the brunt of being labelled as ignorant. In this instance THE SCIENCE DOESN’T MATTER, common courtesy does.
    Yes. Most of those transportation employees are just following the rules to perform their duties. Whether these rules are reasonable or not is debatable, but I understand that they are just trying to perform their duties to keep their jobs and I won''t want to make things difficult for them.

When it comes to unreasonable rules, there are too many to list in this society, and this is far from the top of the list.
    Mcdavid, hongkong7 and qhank like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I believe there is some element of truth in among all of it, but if an expat wants to play poker with the wrong tram driver or passengers then his busted flush will either be removal from public transport as permitted by the Cap (and a fine though I don’t see how that could be enforced) or passengers calling his bluff, calling the police and definitely ending up with a fine as a bare minimum.

Either way the rest of us expats will bear the brunt of being labelled as ignorant. In this instance THE SCIENCE DOESN’T MATTER, common courtesy does.
    Sure, part of it might have happened, but the ending where he is hailed as a liberator of truth and justice is clearly bullshit. More likely, they muttered at the stubborn foreigner and just moved along.

The rest you're right about, of course.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    Sure, part of it might have happened, but the ending where he is hailed as a liberator of truth and justice is clearly bullshit. More likely, they muttered at the stubborn foreigner and just moved along.

The rest you're right about, of course.
    But does he wear his underpants on the outside?
    Mcdavid, ByeByeEngland and qhank like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But does he wear his underpants on the outside?
    He appears to be enough of a douche that he might.

In Sages first draft of his epic story he was actually carried to his final destination on the shoulders of the admiring passengers with scores of witnesses burning their masks in solidarity! All hail SAGE!

Seriously though this place is absolutely nuts with its religious mask wearing despite zero cases for months. Common courtesy in public transport sure but out for a hike with your mask on. Get over yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    In Sages first draft of his epic story he was actually carried to his final destination on the shoulders of the admiring passengers with scores of witnesses burning their masks in solidarity! All hail SAGE!

Seriously though this place is absolutely nuts with its religious mask wearing despite zero cases for months. Common courtesy in public transport sure but out for a hike with your mask on. Get over yourself...
    I agree with that. It's a bit beyond the pale with no local transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:

Yes this is the difference. I don't wear a mask on my daily (short and very slow) walk or going to the nearby sari sari store. I probably wouldn't if I could go for a hike but I fail to see how not wearing one on public transport or in a supermarket when this is expected makes you anything other than a self-important fool. About as brave as farting in a lift.
    Mcdavid and kittykaitak like this.

I think (Sage aside) my main issue is it is not in a supermarket or public transport but "when this is expected" is not bound in the reams of reality here. My 3 year old "is expected" to wear one playing outside by herself at a playground for example. When you make rules that don't make sense, don't be upset when people break some of the rules that do.

AsianXpat0, Sage and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes this is the difference. I don't wear a mask on my daily (short and very slow) walk or going to the nearby sari sari store. I probably wouldn't if I could go for a hike but I fail to see how not wearing one on public transport or in a supermarket when this is expected makes you anything other than a self-important fool. About as brave as farting in a lift.
    I take off my mask outdoors as well, and I don't really care about people who still wear masks outdoors because it's their choice and it doesn't affect others. In fact, the law has relevant requirements, I do not blame them.

I understand that some people think that the over-reliance on masks and the failure to further increase the rate of vaccination is the reason for the delay in opening the border. But think in this way, even if the vaccination rate in Hong Kong is raised to 100% and everyone gives up using masks, will the hk government open up the border? Absolutely not. The point is the Chinese central government's stance, and that is a decision that no one can change, no matter what we do.
    AsianXpat0 and qhank like this.

Original Post Deleted
    In the real world all the passengers would have had their phones out and the videos of the crazy foreigner would be all over social media.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast