Like Tree87Likes

Selfish Masks, HEPA Filters and ...

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Let me rephrase that, you won't wear a mask but happy to travel around HK, but expect old people, especially those bedridden for years in their awful nursing homes and haven't seen daylight for years to be vaccinated ?

Why is it so hard just to wear a mask ?

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    Let me rephrase that, you won't wear a mask but happy to travel around HK, but expect old people, especially those bedridden for years in their awful nursing homes and haven't seen daylight for years to be vaccinated ?

Only in HK do people think masks are more effective than the vaccine
    Sage and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    That would be good assumption, but the facts on the ground don't add up.

I am very frequently on transport and maskless for the whole time, I'm maskless when I get on, during and when I get off.

There's 3 types:
    A) The majority of bus drivers say nothing at all - they'd be the ones looking to get through their day with the minimum of fuss.

B) Maybe 1/4 to 1/3rd say "sir, mask", I say "ok, in my bag" and sit mostly out of view, maskless. Nothing further occurs - They're also the ones just looking to get through their day with the minimum of fuss.

C) A small percentage, 10% or less i guess, make it into a big issue - they're not the people you describe, they're the exception. They can easily do what the B's do and then get on with their day having asked me to wear.

As you can imagine, I have no sympathy for the C's, it's only the C's that make it into my 'mask reports on Geo.

But as I've written repeatedly, the vast majority of ALL people in HK simply don't care enough to raise the issue.

Anyone who takes the same approach as me will come to this realisation very quickly.
    Aren't KMB and the MTR going to track down repeat and fine them en-masse? These few potential maskless super spreaders are keeping the borders closed.

Post #62 refers.

This is very simple. Pretty much all of us agree there have been no local transmissions for months (I’m ignoring the QT hotel ‘transmissions’). Pretty much all of us agree the extent of current mask wearing restrictions is nonsensical. Pretty much all of us agree that masks are not the holy grail but they may help. Pretty much all of us agree that in confined spaces under current vax rates they are mandatory and to some extent an effective additional preventative aid. Then you look for the real answers.

Some of us are cunts in our lives, some more than others, some only occasionally and some often. Many of us admit that fact from time to time. Far more don’t and I’d include myself in the latter.

Some wear it on their sleeves (if we are to believe what I’m calling bs).
    hongkong7 and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    This is very simple. Pretty much all of us agree there have been no local transmissions for months (I’m ignoring the QT hotel ‘transmissions’). Pretty much all of us agree the extent of current mask wearing restrictions is nonsensical. Pretty much all of us agree that masks are not the holy grail but they may help. Pretty much all of us agree that in confined spaces under current vax rates they are mandatory and to some extent an effective additional preventative aid. Then you look for the real answers.

Some of us are cunts in our lives, some more than others, some only occasionally and some often. Many of us admit that fact from time to time. Far more don’t and I’d include myself in the latter.

Some wear it on their sleeves (if we are to believe what I’m calling bs).
    Most of us have developed some level.of social skills where we learn to fit in and consider the feelings of others. Some are still Neanderthal in their thinking.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Most of us have developed some level.of social skills where we learn to fit in and consider the feelings of others. Some are still Neanderthal in their thinking.
    Yes feelings are definitely more important than facts
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Yes feelings are definitely more important than facts
    Both are important don't you think. Most of us can combine the two. If you see someone who is ugly that is a fact, telling them they are ugly is factual but stupid.
    TheBrit and Rayzilla like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Both are important don't you think. Most of us can combine the two. If you see someone who is ugly that is a fact, telling them they are ugly is factual but stupid.
    That is obviously a feeling. Eye of the beholder and such

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast