Like Tree163Likes

3rd Dose For Everyone - 1/1/22 & After Effects

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    Had my Comirnaty booster at the CUHK Medical Centre last Friday. I am not yet 60, and also not officially in any of the special groups eligible for the booster, but I figured let me try, see if they kick me out.
    did you have to pick a special category?

I heard from a freind that you are eligible to get the booster shot if you have been fully vaccinated for at least for 6 months, and you are traveling soon (don't have to be over 60 or in any other priority groups). So I got my booster shot on Saturday, and they only asked if I am in priority groups or traveling soon, and didn't even check my etickets.

ndt, JAherbert and Drunken Master like this.

Quote Originally Posted by junichitsuyo:
    I heard from a freind that you are eligible to get the booster shot if you have been fully vaccinated for at least for 6 months, and you are traveling soon (don't have to be over 60 or in any other priority groups). So I got my booster shot on Saturday, and they only asked if I am in priority groups or traveling soon, and didn't even check my etickets.
    I dont think theres any urgency for locals to get a third shot. Including myself.

No travel eases, no 3rd jab for me. I am pissed off with the regulations and idiotic quarantine rules.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @Ellenna - Did you just walk in or were you able to book?
    I booked in advance online, and selected persons under 60 with chronic illnesses - my blood pressure is a bit high, but in good control with medications.
    shri likes this.

I walked in, no booking, under 60, I do have a condition but I questioned the staff on how important a pre-req this is ...
    This is what they told me (for adults anyway):
    - the ONLY non negotiable is it needs to be over 180 days since your last shot
    - as long as you answer YES to one of the questions they ask, e.g. "do you work in a place where you interact with lots of people" then you'll have no problem

The above was at a public hospital.
    It went really smoothly, was dead tired 12 hours later and the following day though!!

JAherbert and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I dont think theres any urgency for locals to get a third shot. Including myself.

No travel eases, no 3rd jab for me. I am pissed off with the regulations and idiotic quarantine rules.
    eligible people they should take it because tonight they might decide to close the CVC's, create new bizarre requirements, etc.

Just that that a few days ago. So you can get #3 only 180 days after #2 when I read that correctly. For the China travel, isn't Biontech a China made vaxx? It's made by Fosun, a Shanghai company. Just wondering how those APEC stuff will work out.

Name:  IMG_20211129_192014.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  3.25 MB

Fwiw.

Not a priority group.
    Booked online on Sunday, 15 minutes ahead. Started the process as front line worker. 2nd screen marked as 'other'.
    Got a booking code, etc.
    Caught an uber and waited at San Wan Ho for about 5 minutes.

Only real check was the 180 days since 2nd vaccine.
    Some question about have you had other vaccines outside of Hong Kong. English was good enough from everyone I interacted with.
    I am travelling, but they didn't need proof.
    Spent longer in observation than waiting and injecting.

Colleague just rocked up at another place - no booking. Brit PR with no canto and got through the process okay.
    More colleagues turned up at SYS and got it same day - no canto.

I think a whole bunch of us are travelling overseas for Xmas.

Drove past the local North Point centre doing Sinovac. Very short line outside. Not sure if they do 3rd shot sinovac... I only know one person that was thinking about Sinovac - wife wanted to travel back to mainland and wanted the patriotic vaccine.
    A few random anti-vaxxers as well in the expat group...

Hong Kong seems to be swimming in vaccines.

qhank and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    eligible people they should take it because tonight they might decide to close the CVC's, create new bizarre requirements, etc.
    Nah. I aint falling for these fake insinuating bogus the gov wants you to believe.

My refusal to take my 3rd does is a silent protest against the border/quarantine measures.
    Sage and Editor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    For the China travel, isn't Biontech a China made vaxx? It's made by Fosun, a Shanghai company. Just wondering how those APEC stuff will work out.
    No, it is not made in China and I don't think its even used in China publically. Fosun has licensed the vaccine for distribution and at some point in the future it may get license to manufacture (or may be it has but has not setup the facilities / started production).

Bottom line - Sinovac if you need to travel to China.
    qhank likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast