Like Tree5Likes

Non-residents from U.K. ban but I have a working visa?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Non-residents from U.K. ban but I have a working visa?

Hi all,

I have just received my working visa for HK. I am from the United Kingdom and a non-resident. According to the following website non HK residents from the U.K. are not allowed to enter Hong Kong:https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html#quarantinemeasures2

I am confused as to why I would be granted a visa very recently if I would not be let in. Does anyone have any experience of this? Are there any non-residents out there from the group A list that have recently entered Hong Kong?

Any advice hugely appreciated! Meant to fly in two weeks

I think this has been answered in the Canada thread. Should apply to you.

bdw likes this.

If you have a visa then you are considered a resident. Get a letter from Immigration supporting that fact to show the airline check in staff.

Hello,

Yes, question answered now in the other thread. I have obtain an email from HK Immigration confirming that a person with a working visa should be considered a resident. They have also confirmed in the email that I should be allowed to board and enter HK.

As stated in the other thread, keep contact information handy, try to board during HK work hours, if possible, in case someone needs to make contact with Immigration prior to letting you board. Join HK Quarantine Facebook group, loads of valuable information there (much more than just quarantine info).

Finding a hotel room is the biggest challenge. Would recommend booking 1 ASAP. You will need it or 3 weeks.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/d...ted-hotel.html

'All' these brave people moving to Hong Kong.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    'All' these brave people moving to Hong Kong.
    The grass (money) is greener on this side

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    The grass (money) is greener on this side
    The current state of HK might be less annoying for new arrivals since they still find the place interesting without needing a holiday somewhere else
    aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The current state of HK might be less annoying for new arrivals since they still find the place interesting without needing a holiday somewhere else
    while the rest of us oldies that have been here too long can't wait to get out or here

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast