Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not Chugani! There are far better shining examples of journalists and media people who have left.
    Why such dislike of him? I think he did decently well in some of the "hard talks" on TV. I haven't followed it closely but watched from time to time. The few times I watched hard talk since he left, I mean they can just close down the programme or rename it pillow talk..
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Why such dislike of him? I think he did decently well in some of the "hard talks" on TV. I haven't followed it closely but watched from time to time. The few times I watched hard talk since he left, I mean they can just close down the programme or rename it pillow talk..
    His "hard talk" was more of a "soft talk" of the shoe shine variety.
    shri, mrgoodkat and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Flip flop... went over the "protestor" side after his brother got smurfed. His brother is a representative of the local-old-time Indian business community who are well known for doing whatever it takes to not create waves.

And don't get me started on Vines...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    His "hard talk" was more of a "soft talk" of the shoe shine variety.
    Was it really that bad? I think some of the discussions were pretty decent, agree a lot was pretty soft talk though..

I look at it this way, why would any politician with an artificially elected guaranteed seat would agree to face actual 'HARD TALK' in an extremely face-saving society!! Unless it is semi-hard/soft-hard talk without crossing that invisible and now rapidly changing boundary..

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    I look at it this way, why would any politician with an artificially elected guaranteed seat would agree to face actual 'HARD TALK' in an extremely face-saving society!! Unless it is semi-hard/soft-hard talk without crossing that invisible and now rapidly changing boundary..
    Backchat is now very similar.

His latest book was a bit pedestrian for anyone who has lived the last few years in Hong Kong. Anything else you can tell?

For those interested in more stats ...

Seems like the top end band A schools around town are seeing a 10%ish withdrawal rate of students.

https://topick.hket.com/article/3138735/

Bob Loblaw likes this.

For those interested in more stats ...

Seems like the top end band A schools around town are seeing a 10%ish withdrawal rate of students.

https://topick.hket.com/article/3138735/
    Yeah, I can confirm that my school (one of the top Band 1 schools) has lost close to 10% of students. Owing to the fact that most of our students come from a lower socioeconomic background than the average HK family, I would assume that this number would be higher if these students' families had more opportunities.
    shri, hullexile, drumbrake and 3 others like this.

Flip flop... went over the "protestor" side after his brother got smurfed. His brother is a representative of the local-old-time Indian business community who are well known for doing whatever it takes to not create waves.

What do you mean by "waves"?

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast