Like Tree1007Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Closed Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast

I've had my third. In July I'll probably be able to get my fourth. I'll keep collecting jabs for as long as they let me!

shri, z754103, vmlinuz and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    The flight attendant passed it to the pharmacy owner (who passed it to his sogo daughter...)

but both would be wearing mask and the only thing exchanged would be the pharmacist handing cx attendant the goods (not contaminated ) and the CX person handing over his money, OR credit card or handing over his octopus....which is contaminated .

??????
    OMG! MASKS ARE NOT MAGIC BARRIERS!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    see pictures like this makes me really LOL

You get the LCSD and Police nazis picking on helpers telling them 4 to a group only but now that many people are getting the mandatory test notification, they all go and line up for hours all bunched up together, some of them could be a super spreader lol

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20220112.htm
    Surely these are those hit with the compulsory testing notices that aren't able to avoid complying, because I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would voluntarily go and get tested.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    It's still WAY TOO EARLY to be writing off a covid Tsunami from this 'wave'.

It's basic maths, when you multiply small numbers by themselves you get more small numbers...

Undoubtedly; HK's tracing is able to spray enough cold water to take a chunk of the accelerant out of the process, which means the early stages will be more drawn out than you impatient bunch can handle.

Yes, It's my concern too, I've been waiting for covid to rip through HK far far longer than most people on here, but whilst there is a chance that HK will beat it this time, it's definitely too soon to be making that call.

Nobody on here has any idea at all how fast the outbreaks of Omi in the ROW went from zero to 10 - the only insight any of us have is how fast it went from 1,000 to 100,000

Be patient, keep the faith, cross all your fingers, and oh yeah..... send thoughts and prayers.
    And many thanks to those Cathay staff.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    see pictures like this makes me really LOL

You get the LCSD and Police nazis picking on helpers telling them 4 to a group only but now that many people are getting the mandatory test notification, they all go and line up for hours all bunched up together, some of them could be a super spreader lol

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20220112.htm
    On the other hand, the mobile testing unit in Aegean Coast has nobody there because the security guards won't let anyone in... large signs saying it's "only for residents".
    shri and mrgoodkat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    Surely these are those hit with the compulsory testing notices that aren't able to avoid complying, because I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would voluntarily go and get tested.
    I debated this this morning with some friends. Remarkably more than half of them were off to get voluntarily tested because they were supposed to. For the avoidance of doubt, I am NOT in that group! (but I did check the notice carefully and actually am not caught by any of the places listed). Since there are many places in GC listed, if it spreads it may be harder to avoid. But for now, cash only in restaurants!
    statman and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    dude thats why i wrote "MANDATORY NOTIFICATION"
    statman likes this.

For goodness sake, why do they all have to evacuate to camp ?

Can't they just poor bleach down the U-trap, and stay in their own homes for quarantine, and test daily ?????

And is HK the only place in the world that has this shitty vertical transmission ??? Does everyone else have advance plumbing ?

https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/vertical-...rdens-phase-3/

shri and SirNotAppearing like this.

Dont know if it has been in some english news in HK but from a french newspaper i read today, the Cathay Pacific CEO told them in an interview that in 2021 cathay pacific crew spent a total of 73000 nights in quarantine, 62000 nights in quarantine hotel and 11000 in Penny's bay......totally crazy...

mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    For goodness sake, why do they all have to evacuate to camp ?

Can't they just poor bleach down the U-trap, and stay in their own homes for quarantine, and test daily ?????

And is HK the only place in the world that has this shitty vertical transmission ??? Does everyone else have advance plumbing ?

https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/vertical-...rdens-phase-3/
    Evacuating the people to where? It doesnt seem to make sense. If there is an outbreak in the building, everyone should stay put inside...
    Vaughn.T, Mrs. Jones and ramelec like this.

Closed Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast