Like Tree1007Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Deliver COVID direct to your home.

aw451, Sith and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Deliver COVID direct to your home.
    Takes sharing economy to a new level
    Cheeky Kiwi, shri and JAherbert like this.

So if Aaron is to be believed Carrie is warning about rising prices and a shortage of commodities due to less cargo arriving in HK because of Covid clusters from Cathay flight attendants

Now we are into scaremongering as well as blame. Successfully deflected and no further feedback on the party which I strongly suspect is a closed book

She also asks for prisoners understanding at delays in being released from PB due to staff shortages

Fuck me !

hongkong7 and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    So if Aaron is to be believed Carrie is warning about rising prices and a shortage of commodities due to less cargo arriving in HK because of Covid clusters from Cathay flight attendants

Now we are into scaremongering as well as blame. Successfully deflected and no further feedback on the party which I strongly suspect is a closed book

She also asks for prisoners understanding at delays in being released from PB due to staff shortages

Fuck me !
    Staff shortage because people that did that sort of work in the early days of this had a sense of mission in that no vaccine yet no treatment many unknown etc etc . So lots of well meaning staff volunteered
    But it's morphed into a gulag :who wants to work in a gulag ?
    And furthermore you as staff are tested daily and could quickly wind up behind bars yourself
    That's the reason shortage staff :
    Now almost. Everyone there are ' just following orders on their mandatory rotation there
    shri and Baklava like this.

In my building, starting today - a food delivery has to be left on the ground floor, and you go down yourself to pick it up. I wonder how common this is.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.:
    In my building, starting today - a food delivery has to be left on the ground floor, and you go down yourself to pick it up. I wonder how common this is.
    It's been the case in my building ever since around the time when Deliveroo banned a user who requested an ethnically-Chinese deliveroo rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Notices?

What notices?

Ignorance is bliss.
    Nah. Better to know when to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Should be as simple as getting an SMS from the HKSARG with a QR code or whatever, show for scanning on the way out, system confirms in seconds.

Everyday with this place

At least the cracks in this much lauded system are starting to show for all to see and not just the detainees...
    The quarantine order states the date and time it expires. There is no requirement to process any paperwork, but logic seems to have left the city a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.:
    That's been the case in my building since covid started early 2020

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The quarantine order states the date and time it expires. There is no requirement to process any paperwork, but logic seems to have left the city a long time ago.
    Yes that's what I thought too. I'm not sure on what legal basis they would have to keep you beyond the expiry of the order and surely the police would not be able to keep you either or they could be sued for false imprisonment. Would love to see a lawyers view on this and have someone actually challenge it in court to see if the rule of law really does still exist here!
    hongkong7 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast