Like Tree9Likes

Travel Ban

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Travel Ban

Hello to All of You!
    I want to ask something about Travel Ban! I stuck in Pakistan because now HK ban Pakistan. I have a permit so that’s mean I still count as a resident of HK, how can I travel to HK in such situation. Do I need to go third country to stay there 21 days and then can travel to HK?
    Kindly Help

Yes, and pick your third country carefully as further bans could happen at any time depending on perceived covid risks.

Of course also ensure you book your 21 nights in quarantine hotel after your 21 day “wash out” (this is what people call spending time outside the banned country).

Join Facebook group “HK Quarantine Support Group” for great info on all aspects.

Have you decided the wash out country ? I was quite hopeful that the ban will be lifted by Chinese new year but looks like it will be extended further and this confusion will continue for sometime.

I am in a similar situation where wife and daughter are unable to return back to HK but afraid if they add wash out country (thinking UAE) in the list too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny1:
    Hello to All of You!
    I want to ask something about Travel Ban! I stuck in Pakistan because now HK ban Pakistan. I have a permit so that’s mean I still count as a resident of HK, how can I travel to HK in such situation. Do I need to go third country to stay there 21 days and then can travel to HK?
    Kindly Help

Quote Originally Posted by Busyguy:
    I am in a similar situation where wife and daughter are unable to return back to HK but afraid if they add wash out country (thinking UAE) in the list too.
    Well its a GAMBLE that they have to take if they really need to come back. If they are in no hurry then dont bother with the wash out.

If it were up to me, I would let them choose a safe wash out country that has less cases, good weather, not so strict quarantine restrictions on arrive so that they can relax and holiday there before being stuck in a hotel room in HK for 21 nights

I’m also worried about this part what if they ban UAE too.
    And I think they’ll not lift the Ban after Chinese New Year, Haven’t you saw the press conference today? after watching press conference I don’t believe they’ll lift the ban..
    I’m still making my mind to go third country for washout.

Join the HK quarantine group on facebook and of course follow Aaron tripperhead on twitter. Lots of talk, plans, and help. Good luck and stay flexible!

JAherbert likes this.

I’m also worried about this part what if they ban UAE too.
    And I think they’ll not lift the Ban after Chinese New Year, Haven’t you saw the press conference today? after watching press conference I don’t believe they’ll lift the ban..
    I’m still making my mind to go third country for washout.
    No one can give you any magic answers. The best advice is to only book a flight resuming after a 2 week travel ban. Start with the HK Quarantine FB group. From there are a number of whatsapp groups with various washouts.

Every washout is a gamble. I did Dubai a year back and still support some whatsapp groups. There are people in UAE now all nervously spending their 21 night exile looking at the daily HK press conferences and praying.

Dubai can be a comparatively cheap option and the climate is perfect this time of year.

Personally if I was in the situation today I might consider Singapore as a possibility but it is not necessarily so straightforward with their entry requirements.

1. remember that transit through group A countries is also banned
    2. all travel is risky, the rules change almost daily

ByeByeEngland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    1. remember that transit through group A countries is also banned
    2. all travel is risky, the rules change almost daily

Emirates EK384 have transit at Bangkok (Dubai-Bangkok-HKG), is it fine transiting in Bangkok?

And The Whole World is in Group A except Mainland

Emirates EK384 have transit at Bangkok (Dubai-Bangkok-HKG), is it fine transiting in Bangkok?

And The Whole World is in Group A except Mainland
    This is officially NOT a transit 100 percent confirmed . It stops in Bangkok but those going onto HK do not get off the plane. There are two considerations..48 hr PCR test based on Dubai departure and is the flight banned for 2 weeks

just remembered a third. For the purposes of the HK health form your last port of departure is Dubai (unless of course you join it at Bangkok)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast