Like Tree343Likes

“Novaxx” Djokovic

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Wasn't that early on

For Turkey recently the results of people needing intensive care are in descending order

47.8% not vaccinated
    32.9% two doses of Sinovac
    4.0% three doses of Sinovac
    4.0% one dose of BioNTech
    Deaths per million in the last 7 days, Chile is 92nd so good.

For the Turkey figures that is meaningless without relative population proportions. What was the source?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    For the Turkey figures that is meaningless without relative population proportions. What was the source?
    Those figures don't seem to be readily available and vital to interpret the data more accurately. 4 vaccines have been approved for use in Turkey.

The intensive care numbers do look high for people double vaxed in Sinovac

https://link.springer.com/article/10...10-021-01751-1

Deaths per million in the last 7 days, Chile is 92nd so good.
    Again there are a number of factors such as age, third shot %, third shot recency, 3rd shot brand etc. Not that many left in the Chilean population with just 2 shots of Sinovac

only 6% of the 3rd shot were a 3rd shot of Sinovac. With 77% Pfizer 16% AZ giving the most protection to the country

https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/defau...rsn=7a7ca72a_7

Those figures don't seem to be readily available and vital to interpret the data more accurately. 4 vaccines have been approved for use in Turkey.

The intensive care numbers do look high for people double vaxed in Sinovac

https://link.springer.com/article/10...10-021-01751-1

Again there are a number of factors such as age, third shot %, third shot recency, 3rd shot brand etc. Not that many left in the Chilean population with just 2 shots of Sinovac

only 6% of the 3rd shot were a 3rd shot of Sinovac. With 77% Pfizer 16% AZ giving the most protection to the country

https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/defau...rsn=7a7ca72a_7
    Yes there are lots of caveats but if sinovac was as useless as you very frequently state the numbers should jump of the page.

Because I was bored I sorted the countries on worldometer by deaths by million in the last seven days. I found 54 countries listed as using sinovac. Their average ranking was 102 out of the 222 countries. So pretty much average. Masses of caveats but it doesn't scream ineffective in the real world to me.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Yes there are lots of caveats but if sinovac was as useless as you very frequently state the numbers should jump of the page.

Because I was bored I sorted the countries on worldometer by deaths by million in the last seven days. I found 54 countries listed as using sinovac. Their average ranking was 102 out of the 222 countries. So pretty much average. Masses of caveats but it doesn't scream ineffective in the real world to me.
    What % of the Chilean population who are 70+ have only had 2 shots of Sinovac with the last being over 6 months ago?

What % of the Chilean population who are 70+ have only had 2 shots of Sinovac with the last being over 6 months ago?
    63.35%. I just made that up. How do you expect me to know

You can spend your life digging around numbers to prove what you want them to prove. I am sure sinovac is not as effective as Pfizer. But in the real world, divorced from politics, countries that have used sinovac do not seem to be doing much worse than the others. There is certainly nothing at least superficially to support the constant "sinovac is useless" line.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

63.35%. I just made that up. How do you expect me to know

You can spend your life digging around numbers to prove what you want them to prove. I am sure sinovac is not as effective as Pfizer. But in the real world, divorced from politics, countries that have used sinovac do not seem to be doing much worse than the others. There is certainly nothing at least superficially to support the constant "sinovac is useless" line.
    I would guess 5-10% given the high 3rd jab rates and the old and the vunrable not getting a 3rd dose of Sinovac

Name:  image001.png
Views: 292
Size:  95.8 KB

You can spend your life digging around numbers to prove what you want them to prove.
    No. Suggestions that Sinovac is good because Chile has low death rates don't stack up. If they did then the data would show it

But in the real world, divorced from politics, countries that have used sinovac do not seem to be doing much worse than the others. There is certainly nothing at least superficially to support the constant "sinovac is useless" line.
    It is according to the turkey study above. The life of effectiveness is shorter. But this is a purely political issue. The vast manufacturing resources have not been allowed to manufacture better vaccines. That is not a good thing.

An Australian court has said it was reasonable to be concerned that Novak Djokovic might have inspired anti-vaccine sentiment, and revoke his visa.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-60066404

‘Could have’, for sure, but A tiny drop in the ocean compared to what the Australian government has done by sacking people who choose not to vaccinate.

Interestingly Novaxx invested in a Danish biotech (without N) company that designs treatments for viral diseases based on electromagnetic frequency. The company called QuantBioRes, no, it's not a spelling error, it's QuantBioRes and not QuackBioRes.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-to-homeopathy

shri and HK_Katherine like this.

Looking forward to cancelling Tom Cruise for Scientology and Gwyneth Paltrow for “homeopathic remedies”.

More of a Federer fan (if anyone) myself anyway.

Sage and Jillypots like this.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast