Digital camera: Kodak or Panasonic???

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I have the LX3 which is the compact version of the FZ28 in case you want something you can fit in your pocket. I love it. It takes amazing photos.

It has a larger sensor than the fz so when you change the aspect ratio you end up with something that is 10 Megapixel.

See here a comparision.

Panasonic Consumer Electronics Model Comparison Results

Some of this stuff does not seem accurate about the LX3. It does do full HD1080 at 30fps.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    um....neither
    go with Fuji F31FD. its the best compact digital camera on the market, still even after all this time has passed since it was released there has been no camera to rival its quality for a versatile compact digital

in low light, its seriously the best thing in the world.
    in normal or bright light its just as good as all the others, and in some cases better.

its so good that even Fuji's newest cameras cant beat it.
    I beg to differ with you. Sony WSC-300 with the Titanium shell is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliC:
    I'm not aware of Sony making such model...do you mean perhaps DSC-T300?

Can you please enlighten us....how exactly it is "superior." I assume you ran some kind of side by side tests? The Fuji lens has a f2.8 maximum aperture while Sony is only f3.5. How exactly is that superior in low light? Or do you absolutely have no knowledge about photography......and are just stating a random opinion?

differ all you like.
    read the reviews, comparison data, specs, and sample shots at dpreview.com

then go out and buy one and actually test it out. it really is unrivaled after all this time. i am constantly looking to upgrade cause i feel its been so long for using the same compact model. yet i can not find a single compact camera that can outperform this Fuji model.

As ive even mentioned, Fuji has tried upping it with a few newer models such as F60 and so forth, but each time it still fails. i have not read one single article that doesnt praise this camera as being holier then thou (in the compact market)

wow.. thanks so much for the ideas, guys.
    seems like noone would recommend Kodak, eh?
    hmm.. may be i'll stop by to DigitalRev & check them out.
    Thanks again everybody :-)

tiger, the iA mode on the Lumix, is pretty clever, but sometimes with the light the shade changes as you move around and it siwtches mode, you just have to position yourself with the light so that it knows what you are doing again. This happens pretty rarely and it is obvious it is making a mistake and very easy to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    I'm not aware of Sony making such model...do you mean perhaps DSC-T300?

Can you please enlighten us....how exactly it is "superior." I assume you ran some kind of side by side tests? The Fuji lens has a f2.8 maximum aperture while Sony is only f3.5. How exactly is that superior in low light? Or do you absolutely have no knowledge about photography......and are just stating a random opinion?
    maybe for your beloved T300. I'm talking about the W300. if you are not aware, seems to suggest you have no knowledge. more like talking out of your azz. people like you crack me up. got some wal-mart cam and putting down a recommendation then without knowledge or even the incliniation to research start attacking others. you were the host of tech tv and on the cover of photography mag? lol
    Last edited by KelliC; 19-06-2009 at 03:29 PM.

maybe for your beloved T300. I'm talking about the W300. if you are not aware, seems to suggest you have no knowledge. more like talking out of your azz. people like you crack me up. got some wal-mart cam and putting down a recommendation then without knowledge or even the incliniation to research start attacking others. you were the host of tech tv and on the cover of photography mag? lol
    uuuuuuuhhhhh........huh?
    you mentioned WSC-300 in your post, climber followed up by mentioning he didnt know this model, asked if you were referring to another model (t300). he then went on to assume if that was the case, he would discuss.

you are attacking him because you posted the wrong model # with an all so descriptive content of "nah..it superior"? do a google search youself for the WSC-300 and see for yourself why one would be confused.

way to put your net-face on
    Last edited by BenderBends; 19-06-2009 at 04:53 PM.

I guess KelliC means the DSC-W300, which does look like a nice camera.

Here is a +1 for fuji cams in low light. That is somewhere where my Canon compact falls short -- iso > 100 is rather noisy. There is an added bonus with canon; if you get an older model (DIGIC III) you pay less and can run CHDK to get extra functions.

the w300 is not a bad model at all. but from all the reviews ive read, it falls short of the fuji f100fd, which in turn falls short of the f31fd.

i have not had a chance to play with the w300, and i normally stay clear of sony for fear of buying a "fashion" camera (which is what their cybershots are known for). but i would certainly think it would be a decent camera based on the specs and samples ive seen.