Like Tree153Likes

Jan 4th Week (24-30th) - HK Covid Updates

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    [l

90 percent to relax social distancing rules? Well that’s us fucked then
    Don't worry - as seen in other countries (one Asian one in particular), even when you actually get to 90% vaccinated, the social distancing rules are NOT removed.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Cases are dropping!

Omicron, pfft.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Cases are dropping!

Omicron, pfft.
    Even the virus is leaving Hong Kong!

Gone to Indonesia by the look of it.

Cases are dropping!

Omicron, pfft.
    I think they have caught and contained the cases in the areas they have tracked down (e.g. the Kwai Chung estate) but the increase in unlinked cases means there'll be a big jump in numbers soon. Post-CNY could get complicated.
    Mrs. Jones and MatthieuTofu like this.

AsianXpat0, Sage and kittykaitak like this.

I think you will get fat eating popcorn until the big wave comes. I reckon another week or two.

Speaking on a separate TV show on Sunday, government pandemic adviser Professor David Hui Shu-cheong said if the city failed to contain the local outbreak, Covid-19 patients who had mild symptoms might need to self-isolate at home. Conditions for discharge might also need to be relaxed so they could be released earlier.
    In a bid to ease Beijing’s concerns about the pandemic situation in Hong Kong, local authorities had in October tightened discharge conditions for infected people, allowing them to leave hospital only after they tested negative twice – they must then spend an additional 14 days in quarantine at a separate facility.

Hui suggested the criteria could revert to allowing patients who tested with a low viral load three times to be discharged, which would mean halving the time spent in hospital.
    Oh no, we absolutely must redouble our efforts to contain the outbreak or we won’t get the chance to be forcibly detained... Science!
    Cornmeal and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    It’s not against NSL because its origined Fluhan..

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak:
    I think they have caught and contained the cases in the areas they have tracked down (e.g. the Kwai Chung estate) but the increase in unlinked cases means there'll be a big jump in numbers soon. Post-CNY could get complicated.

It was the same last wave. First spike due to the rich folks finally disclosing that they were infected, mopped up a few dozen cases then increase in unknowns that eventually led to the Jordan lockdown.
    kittykaitak likes this.

I don't use twitter and ain't gonna start, but happened across this from Aaron, looks like good news to me; things moving in the right direction:

Name:  Aaron.png
Views: 420
Size:  373.9 KB

Last edited by Sage; 31-01-2022 at 08:18 PM.
    qhank and HK_Katherine like this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast