Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eightfivetwo:
    Pretty sure local media already reported that these were actually illegal immigrants from the mainland in the first place, hence to go back they had to sneak back in illegally as well.
    Source please...

Good Luck Chuckster and VMLinuz.
    Don't forget to post how good life is after leaving HK

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Source please...
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...mpaign=3167310

For the well healed expat looking for a 'bit' of extra space, plenty of on-site and under cover parking and fresh air. lol

Located in Chandler/Newfarm, Brisbane and looking for expressions of interest.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/glamo...ecord-1082451/

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    For the well healed expat looking for a 'bit' of extra space, plenty of on-site and under cover parking and fresh air. lol

Located in Chandler/Newfarm, Brisbane and looking for expressions of interest.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/glamo...ecord-1082451/
    Stuck on a small block of land with no view and a city council dump across the road.

Name:  dump.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  99.1 KB
    vmlinuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Stuck on a small block of land with no view and a city council dump across the road.

Name:  dump.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  99.1 KB
    Yet it's rumoured that it will fetch the highest price paid in Queensland. And I don't know how you decided that 1 hectare ( 2.5 acres) is a small block, umm what?

The house alone is 3300 square metres, in fact the garage is bigger and more expensive than most luxury Australian family homes in its own right.

Interesting what people build out here.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 19-02-2022 at 03:46 PM.
    emx and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Used my airmiles to book tickets to UK

One way to Manchester/ Fin Air / 3 Pax (2 adults n 1 child) = HK$1182
    All the best Chuckster.

I have been living the 'Good Life' for 18 months here in rural France, however the young one is not so enthused with growing her own vege & chopping wood, so she is off to Manchester in a couple of months. After growing up in Hong Kong she wants city living back, can't say I blame her. Also thinking of splitting time between the UK and here. Even with all the problems over there, it still has something I miss.

If you are a facebook person, there is a group called Expats Returning to UK that I have found helpful.
    shri, hullexile and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    If you are a facebook person, there is a group called Expats Returning to UK that I have found helpful.
    Cheers for the info, i just joined the FB group that you recommended
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Yet it's rumoured that it will fetch the highest price paid in Queensland. And I don't know how you decided that 1 hectare ( 2.5 acres) is a small block, umm what?

The house alone is 3300 square metres, in fact the garage is bigger and more expensive than most luxury Australian family homes in its own right.

Interesting what people build out here.
    I can only afford 500sqm of land myself in my part of Perth. Actually it was 1000sqm with an old house on it which has been bulldozed, subdivided into 2x500sqm blocks, I got one of the subdivided blocks. But I am designing the house below now, these subdivided blocks are a bit narrow so a long/thin home but still should be pretty cool and can squeeze my cars in. Might be a couple of years before its finished though with the lack of building resources at the moment.

Name:  House1.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  395.1 KB

Name:  House2.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  212.5 KB

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast