Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    That you're too spineless to standup for yourself in the face of incompetence and injustice will be of zero surprise to anyone here, it takes balls to do.

That Hannah (who was so naive that she thought she just waltzed through immigration) didn't even know about the letter 'daddy' wrote to enable her re-entry to HK, acts like the mature one with everything under control is...... just pure comedy.

Keep it up folks - but remember that actions speak way louder than words.

Mwah xxx

Original Post Deleted
    Mate forget long term productivity for now, kids are dying over here at the moment.

No time for your lip.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    The UK listens to Sage, HK listens to old people.

How's that going for the UK right now?
    This one hasn't aged very well.

Time to rename this thread "Is it possible for Hong Kong to fuck up their covid response any more ridiculously than they are doing now?"

Baklava, caipiroska, tf19 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Time to rename this thread "Is it possible for Hong Kong to fuck up their covid response any more ridiculously than they are doing now?"
    And the answer is : yep… just wait a few more months
    tf19, bdw and HK_Katherine like this.

Mate forget long term productivity for now, kids are dying over here at the moment.

No time for your lip.
    A lot more unvaccinated octogenarians are dying. Why is the vaccination rate for this group so low in HK when all other jurisdictions it was clear policy to get them protected.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    A lot more unvaccinated octogenarians are dying. Why is the vaccination rate for this group so low in HK when all other jurisdictions it was clear policy to get them protected.
    I seem to recall it was because everyone was saying the government couldn't be trusted?

How would you handle it as a government in those circumstances?

Original Post Deleted
    The thing about actually being in Hong Kong, is that I see the bus adverts every day.

I saw lots and lots and lots from the government saying "go and get vaccinated", I never saw any asterisks saying "unless you are old"

On the other hand, you seem to get all your news second hand from the expat network, which could fairly be accused of bias in certain areas

The thing about actually being in Hong Kong, is that I see the bus adverts every day.

I saw lots and lots and lots from the government saying "go and get vaccinated", I never saw any asterisks saying "unless you are old"

On the other hand, you seem to get all your news second hand from the expat network, which could fairly be accused of bias in certain areas
    putting ads on the bus won't do shit. They're old people they can not even see the ads from a distance. To top it up the population kept spreading bs about the vaccine and opted to go for sinovac.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    putting ads on the bus won't do shit. They're old people they can not even see the ads from a distance. To top it up the population kept spreading bs about the vaccine and opted to go for sinovac.
    Right, this is what I'm saying, the population at large (and particularly certain segments of it) spread rumours that the government was trying to poison them and similar.

As a government, how would you have confronted that?

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast