Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 ... LastLast

Also pulling the trigger to visit family in the US after nearly 3 years. Had a hell of a time finding a flight on CX but managed to overpay 4x what I would normally pay for a one way flight to LAX. Will spend a few months in the US and figure out how to return to HK sometime later in the summer...

Mrs. Jones and Elegiaque like this.

We left last week. I still feel heartbroken but Hong Kong is not the city I used to remember. I can't believe how different the UK is. No masks, zero QR codes, everything is open and busy. We just walked through immigration and they only asked for our passports. It is nice to feel some freedom after a crazy few years.

tf19, Elegiaque, shri and 11 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel_:
    We left last week. I still feel heartbroken but Hong Kong is not the city I used to remember. I can't believe how different the UK is. No masks, zero QR codes, everything is open and busy. We just walked through immigration and they only asked for our passports. It is nice to feel some freedom after a crazy few years.
    Did you need a negative covid test for the flight even?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Quite a few places are dropping that requirement. I can confirm India does not need any tests to be done if you are dou le vaccinated. Appears that Singapore is ok with a RAT test done by one of the testing vendors for boarding - no need for pcr.

Seems many internal EU flights don't need a covid test.

As a mental exercise I had planed several routes and all of them needed a covid test to return to HK..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Quite a few places are dropping that requirement. I can confirm India does not need any tests to be done if you are dou le vaccinated. Appears that Singapore is ok with a RAT test done by one of the testing vendors for boarding - no need for pcr.

Seems many internal EU flights don't need a covid test.

As a mental exercise I had planed several routes and all of them needed a covid test to return to HK..
    Encouraging to hear the governments are dropping this. It's yet another headache to consider for timing when the time comes to get on a plane. But are the airlines requiring it?

Encouraging to hear the governments are dropping this. It's yet another headache to consider for timing when the time comes to get on a plane. But are the airlines requiring it?
    Airlines (in the cases I checked) seem to be happy to follow the destination govt requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket:
    Visiting family after 2.5 years. Will be out of HK for 3 to 4 months. Considering new roles in Vietnam (or SG too but that could be tricky due to work permit issues there). Maybe another 4-6 months for leaving HK (sadly). I've worked in Vietnam previously so willing to give it another try.
    username checks out...

COVID rates are rising rapidly worldwide atm and Austria just hit a record high for daily infections. I wonder if we'll see countries tightening back up in the year to come.
    shri and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    username checks out...
    jayinhongkong and shri like this.

From gov.uk site:

If you will arrive in England from abroad after 4am, Friday 18 March, you do not need to:

take any COVID-19 tests – before you travel or after you arrive
    fill in a UK passenger locator form before you travel
    This will apply whether you are vaccinated or not.

You also will not need to quarantine when you arrive, in line with current rules.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    I'm heading out of HK on the 29th of March. This will more or less be a trip to make a final decision on whether to completely quit HK or not. Will be gone for around 3.5-4 months. So I guess there's another data point of 3 people "leaving".
    Doing exactly the same. I leave 4 April. Booked today.
    shri, vmlinuz, hullexile and 5 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 ... LastLast