Like Tree28Likes

Where would you like to visit without Chinese tourists?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where would you like to visit without Chinese tourists?

Now that mainland Chinese (and HKers, too!) can't readily travel around the world, which destination is best to take advantage of and enjoy without the crowds of mainland tourists?

I think New Zealand would be nice.

Locally, I'm glad Fan Lau is getting a break. It was a bit crazy during that brief period after the bridge opened and large tour groups were tromping around -- totally out of character for the remote, peacefulness that it usually has. Sunset Peak was a zoo...

Beijing

TBH most places that have "crowds of tourists" are better off avoided.

East_coast likes this.

Japan is an obvious one.

I need to go to Lamma Island, haven't been for years. Got really tired of all the tourists there and stopped going.

Would just be curious to see the luxury shopping areas in Paris also, but probably there is still a ton of Chinese students buying goods to rich locked in tai tai's in Mainland.

Sorry a bit off topic, but the Hong Kong noodle shop Tamjai Samgor just opened in Japan with 3 stores, Japanese queuing for up to 3 hours for a bowl.

https://tokyocheapo.com/food-and-dri...rive-in-tokyo/

East_coast, Mrs. Jones and aw451 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    I need to go to Lamma Island, haven't been for years. Got really tired of all the tourists there and stopped going.

Would just be curious to see the luxury shopping areas in Paris also, but probably there is still a ton of Chinese students buying goods to rich locked in tai tai's in Mainland.
    Oh but do be careful! Apparently our 7-million-locked-in residents can also cause quite a crowd! Peng Chau was like bloody Mong Kok recently! Un-fucking-believable! Queues of 20+ people for each restaurant clogging the little pedestrian lanes. Utter madness. Public toilet was flooded, no other toilets...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Oh but do be careful! Apparently our 7-million-locked-in residents can also cause quite a crowd! Peng Chau was like bloody Mong Kok recently! Un-fucking-believable! Queues of 20+ people for each restaurant clogging the little pedestrian lanes. Utter madness. Public toilet was flooded, no other toilets...
    That's true, its been particularly bad on all my favorite hiking spots. Back in 2011-2014 when I went up to High west on the peak I usually was all alone, maybe sometimes I met one person. Now in the Instagram age and everyone wanting to take pics to post from all of these famous spots its like queuing for the above noodles to reach the top.

Been to Kyoto before and after mainland tourists.
    The difference is night and day.

Mrs. Jones and BCD like this.

I was surprised that people on the market
    in Selçuk , Turkey, speak some Chinese.
    There must have been tons visiting Ephesus.
    It had a lasting impact

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast