Like Tree48Likes

East Rail to Admiralty - Coming May 15th

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Took the train today. Seems to be much quicker than my usual route to central. Train was about as busy as my usual route.

Transfer at Admiralty is much longer however. Overall is quicker though.

Elegiaque likes this.

I can't wait to try it!!! It's always been a pain to get to the Sha Tin, Tai Po side of town -- kind of taking us 2-3 hours with public transport -- happy to get a last chance to enjoy this one functioning, long-awaited project!

MABinPengChau likes this.

Rode it yesterday after a free flow brunch (irrelevant detail, but the spontaneous motivation). Nice trip. Obviously looked lost in Sheung Shui and Tai Wo since people offered directions. Also took in HK Rail Museum - well done. Splurged on First Class on return - a bar would make it perfect.

Cornmeal and Mary 2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I can't wait to try it!!! It's always been a pain to get to the Sha Tin, Tai Po side of town -- kind of taking us 2-3 hours with public transport -- happy to get a last chance to enjoy this one functioning, long-awaited project!
    2-3 hours ??? Are you Travelling from Turn Mun by horse and cart?? As I live in Tai po and travel all over, I am bemused by the comment.

The new route saves about 10 to 15 minutes into Central in real time ( not travel planner time ) but the great thing is minimum faffing about on the inter changes.

It's a pity that they won't convert the spare platform in central station to a cross boundary service to Futian using the much much much much delayed and yet to be built Northern Line and a couple of Kms of MTR metro line over the boundary.

Name:  1411002099749_327.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  31.1 KB

The East Kowloon Line seems to have been cancelled due to 'geological' problems which will now not huge swathes of land into the pile for Land Sales. It's a pity

Heading home now.

Busy to admiralty, but east rail line is much quieter than my usual route.

Overall so far better option than before.

calmathetic9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    2-3 hours ??? Are you Travelling from Turn Mun by horse and cart?? As I live in Tai po and travel all over, I am bemused by the comment.

The new route saves about 10 to 15 minutes into Central in real time ( not travel planner time ) but the great thing is minimum faffing about on the inter changes.
    Try Peng Chau! AND align travel times with the ferry! Finish hiking at 5:30, need one hour to get to central, but there's only a ferry at 6:25 and then 7:20, well tough!
    blandy62 likes this.

Saves perhaps equal parts hassle and time, 4-7mins at Kowloon-tong, 2-3 mins at Mong Kok, plus 6-7mins for the 3 stops bypassed, minus Admiralty transfer (2-3mins), so about 15mins saved tops, would be better if it went all the way to Central . Seemed a decreased chance of a seat from Taipo and the reverse from downtown. On Sunday the cars were packed, can't imagine how the 9 car trains will deal once cross-border traffic reopens in 2027!

Original Post Deleted
    Basically additional nap time for those commuting from NT East.

Original Post Deleted
    Because it's the only place you can go when you are locked in a city for three years!!!!
    dfc and Mary 2 like this.