Like Tree48Likes

East Rail to Admiralty - Coming May 15th

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Here's some evening peak hour footage northbound. First class seems to be doing very well- seems to be difficult to get a seat even from Exhibition Centre. Admiralty does look mighty impressive now that the atrium has opened up and that the South Island Line cavern isn't that much of a dead-end per-se anymore. HK01 reporting that the trains southbound in the morning are fuller from as far as Fanling, coincides with a drop in bus passengers on the 978 from up there being reported on the local forums. Tunnel buses still popular for people heading to the Eastern District/CWB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8GY9JyMp4

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    The main point in posting is that the wraps are just a out of at HKCEC MTR. Now I guess most of you won’t bother with that but one exit at least ia conveniently located close to a) the promenade and more importantly b) Wan Chai Star Ferry. Once people realise this it could give SF a much needed boost.
    That's great to hear - I would hate if the Star Ferry closed

Second day. Less busy. Got a seat!

Noticed trains are wider on this line and more spacious.

Just to update the interchange is busier. Tried doing tsuen wan line to central today.

Found it a bit chaotic as people also running to the island line at the same time.

Last edited by pin; 17-05-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrib:
    That's great to hear - I would hate if the Star Ferry closed
    SF actually pointed out the SCL previously as a reason to cancel the Wan Chai route- can't find a link for it anymore. Given how Wan Chai <-> TST still requires an interchange whichever route one takes (either via Admiralty or Hung Hom), hopefully they realize that not all passengers will have abandoned the ferry.
    Corrib likes this.

I tried it yesterday. Left Admiralty at 17:53, arrived at Tai Wo at 18:29.
    Overall it's not bad to have 30-40 minutes travel time, especially no need to change train few times.
    I never sit on train, so it's not an issue for me

pin likes this.

Took the ERL from Exhibition Centre at about 6:50pm. Packed but likely much easier than TWL from Admiralty.

pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Took the ERL from Exhibition Centre at about 6:50pm. Packed but likely much easier than TWL from Admiralty.
    Yeah found train busier tonight compared to last night, but so far prefer this route.
    Andy SNK and calmathetic9 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Because it's the only place you can go when you are locked in a city for three years!!!!

Maybe I should tell that to all those who pass my house every day on the Wilson Trail.
    " Go away, you can only walk on an Island!"
    I will let you know how that goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Yeah found train busier tonight compared to last night, but so far prefer this route.
    Same journey today but at an earlier time. Main design issue seems to be that the single direct escalator between the concourse and the northbound platforms is very well placed to sell first class tickets but terribly placed to spread passengers along the platform evenly. The narrow parts of the platform don’t help.

Opening of new lines

One took the time to learn how to use contactless payment and chat to the staff

https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2022/05/...52719_979.html

https://youtu.be/Gba6lSLKYt4?t=35

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast