Like Tree15Likes

Must Watch Movie Sequels and Remakes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Must Watch Movie Sequels and Remakes

Pirates of the Caribbean was actually an excellent film. All the sequels a prime example of how to squeeze as much money out of idiots as possible (but good luck to them). Rocky, Fast and Furious 45 and so on. Even Rocky I found hard to take because that fight would have been stopped in the real world.

Can’t think of too many where the sequels were as good or better than the original, probably the subject for a new thread? Could probably include remakes in that thread as well.

Original Post Deleted
    I just came back from the cinema and must stay I found it better than the original.

Original Post Deleted
    It is better than the original

Elefant&Castle likes this.

Johnny Depp is in so many Tim Burton movies + Pirates franchise that ppl tend to forget he can act normal roles. I really like him in Public Enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Johnny Depp is in so many Tim Burton movies + Pirates franchise that ppl tend to forget he can act normal roles. I really like him in Public Enemies.
    Agreed and I really liked him in Blow and Donnie Brasco too. He also personified the Captain Jack Sparrow role, totally owning it.

Johnny's all good in my book.

Talk to me Goose...

Loved Top Gun Maverick. Watched it last Sunday... Going to watch it again next week during lunch break. Was it better than the original, hmm maybe. Was happy that the iconic F14 Tomcat had role in it...

Thanks Shri. I’m a big fan of some of the Terminator sequels and Arnie. If you can get over your love of Arnie the Totall Recall remake was watchable

Dammit, everyone seems to love the new Top Gun. I like the 1st one but not super duper raging like so was gonna pass but now I have to go watch it.

ByeByeEngland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Thanks Shri. I’m a big fan of some of the Terminator sequels and Arnie. If you can get over your love of Arnie the Totall Recall remake was watchable
    No problems. This is a far more interesting thread than the other one..

I think Top Gun is on the cards for this weekend. We've been planning to go to the movies sooner or later.. might as well go for this one. The kid recommends everywhere everything all at once, but top gun seems to be a better draw for the first movie in well over 2 years.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast