Like Tree30Likes

iPhone Purchase - Best Offers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yeah, looked at the coupons and don't see them redeemable at Fortress or any grocery type outlet. Still may be worth a look if we see some store that has an offer.

Will have to dig into some of the other malls and see what they have to offer.

Last edited by shri; 08-06-2022 at 04:28 PM.
    pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yeah, looked at the coupons and don't see them redeemable at Fortress or any grocery type outlet. Still may be worth a look if we see some store that has an offer.

Will have to dig into some of the other malls and see what they have to offer.
    Let us know. Want to buy a shiny new toy soon.

The second thing you need to do is check the fortress or whatever shop you are going to in whatever mall if they have stock available for pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The best way to buy a new iphone is from Fortress in Harbour City using a Standard Chartered credit card every Tuesday or Sunday.
    I second this.

Similar deals at Times Square, so see which has the other shops / restaurants that you prefer to spend the obtained coupons on.

There's only so much one can buy, but the restaurant vouchers have been great through the pandemic. With the shopping: won't buy things for the sake of it, but if you happen to need anything then they give a good discount.

I'm looking to replace my AC, and over the weekend my Oven went kaput which triggered the mains switch and fried my TV with it... so if purchasing from Fortress / Broadway anyways, might as well do so from a branch which enables added perks.

In the past I bought a few iPhones from Wilson Communications. They have shops in Central, Causeway Bay, Mong Kok, Kowloon Bay, etc. They almost always have some type of credit card points promotion from Citi, HSBC, Hang Seng etc. Right now they have a Hang Seng credit card promotion (til end of June) for spending $8K or above, you get Hang Seng cash dollars worth $250, plus additional points if your Hang Seng card is an Enjoy card or Unionpay card. You do have to call a hotline to register though, but at least no need to fuss with past-sale shopping center coupons.

The only difference I've found between buying iPhones at the Apple Store versus buying at retailers like Wilson, Fortress, and Broadway is that the salesperson has to unbox it and turn it on before giving to you. Probably so you wouldn't turn around and re-sell it immediately a new phone for a big profit (more relevant if the iPhone model is very new).

https://www.wilsoncomm.com.hk/en/han...-promotion2022

tparker and pin like this.

Seems like Times Square has the same / very similar offer. Might be worth it for us as we usually do not trek over to the dark side

Some issues to overcome:

Cannot find any practical use for the shopping coupons. Seem to be shops we normally do not shop at - and given that these coupons cannot be used for full payment (they're essentially 20-30% discount coupons), I'm not too sure of the value they offer.

Dining coupons may be interesting. But again, cannot be used for full payment of the bill.

Lastly and this is specific to my shopping list - fortress does not seem to be fully stocked with Apple products - in my case an iPad Air.

Might be worth looking at shopping promos in malls where there is an Apple store and double checking that Apple purchases are covered by the shopping mall / credit card promos.

Anything beating 4% cashback of Alipay+CCB ?

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Anything beating 4% cashback of Alipay+CCB ?
    Don't think Apple would stoop so low as to accept Alipay. Better check before getting your hopes up..

I read someone telling in geoexpat only that he buy iphone using Alipay, didn't checked myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Don't think Apple would stoop so low as to accept Alipay. Better check before getting your hopes up..

Could be, I guess through fortress or somewhere else ... but do check on stock availability. Many of the non-Apple sales channels don't have stock.

LetsDiscuss likes this.