Like Tree83Likes

One for the crypto haters

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    So given they have senior executives we are talking larger American retail organisations. Exactly the organisations I would expect to give these answers. I would doubt their future job safety if they answered otherwise, and many of them may be correct.

In my survey 100% of retailers laughed when asked if they expected to accept crypto in the next five years.
    So, you expect the heads of retailers in the most developed economy on earth to be bullish on integrating crypto but you personally remain unconvinced because your local vendor (who in your own words doesn't even accept credit/debit cards) isn't in the vanguard of adoption? Can't wrap my head around that one.

Will need an extra large carton of popcorn for this one:

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...&sf166233834=1

Gollygordon likes this.

The prosecution is going to have a hard time with that, considering that this cryptocurrency was started literally as a joke.

Probably it goes nowhere, but it'll be funny to watch.

More seriously, I'm fully expecting many, many of the pump and dumpers, smart contract exploiters, tax evaders, scammers etc to eventually be brought to justice. One of the benefits of crypto is that all transactions are visible, forever. You can't hide your actions and if your identity is tied to an address then there is no feasible denial of any wrong doing that address has taken.

While up until now the space has been too niche and abstract for authorities to care much about, as it becomes more mainstream I see software based analytics being used to retrospectively investigate crime. Scammers who thought they were safe and didn't adequately manage their KYC when/if cashing out to local currencies will be caught with their pants down.

(That's another reason almost all major governments are working on their CBDC's by the way. Feels bad.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollygordon:
    So, you expect the heads of retailers in the most developed economy on earth to be bullish on integrating crypto but you personally remain unconvinced because your local vendor (who in your own words doesn't even accept credit/debit cards) isn't in the vanguard of adoption? Can't wrap my head around that one.
    It's not that complicated. Exit your crypto bubble and think it over

Majority of the use cases I've discussed in this thread are best suited to stablecoins, which are pegged to USD or EUR.
    USDD "stablecoin" is still pissfarting around for 4 days now. Is it pegged to USD or not? What the hell is it doing? Is it going to go up to where it should be, or crash and burn to $0.0000001? Bloody hell hurry up I've been waiting for 4 days!!!

Name:  USDD.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  78.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    USDD "stablecoin" is still pissfarting around for 4 days now. Is it pegged to USD or not? What the hell is it doing? Is it going to go up to where it should be, or crash and burn to $0.0000001? Bloody hell hurry up I've been waiting for 4 days!!!

Name:  USDD.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  78.7 KB
    On the balance of probabilities, it will pissfart down to near zero eventually.

There are good and reliable stablecoin and then there is crap like this. Can't be bothered to elaborate further, but rest assured I am not proposing we integrate USDD into our payments system.

On the balance of probabilities, it will pissfart down to near zero eventually.

There are good and reliable stablecoin and then there is crap like this. Can't be bothered to elaborate further, but rest assured I am not proposing we integrate USDD into our payments system.
    Is tether (USDT) a good and reliable stablecoin which will never have this problem like USDD and that other one Terra had last month?

@bdw Good question. I'm inclined to think yes, but not totally confident tbh.

Rest assured firstly that there are very reliable, well backed and transparent coins out there (USDC, GUSD, BUSD, Paxo etc) and secondly that the regulatory groundwork is currently being laid to ensure that if / when mass adoption arrives it arrives safely.

@DeletedUser, if Tether survives the catastrophic deleveraging and resultant insolvencies of some of the biggest institutions in crypto, would that be enough to convince you of Tether's backing? UST collapsed, Celcius is probably insolvent, 3AC is definately insolvent and spreading contagion... This is basically it, biggest stress test in cryptos history as we speak.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast