Like Tree44Likes

What have I missed?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What have I missed?

Been away almost 5 months - helping take care of the aged parents during cancer treatment - but I'm heading back to HK next week, for a few months before moving away permanently. I've been keeping a close eye on the quarantine stuff, obviously, but mostly ignored anything/everything else going on, so... what has been going on? What new trends are there that I need to know about? Any new *ahem* red lines?

hullexile, huja and Rob2020 like this.

A 7-11 shop assistant was a bit blunt with someone. I think that was the major story.

Basically nothing has really changed other than the slightly better quarantine situation and this has been a rather uneventful year. The highlight may be a Rugby 7s which nobody wants to attend.

Welcome back and sad to see you go.

Sage likes this.

Yeah I’ve been browsing and see the usual stuff

Taxi’s, Lack of customer service etc etc same old same old

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Been away almost 5 months - helping take care of the aged parents during cancer treatment - but I'm heading back to HK next week, for a few months before moving away permanently. I've been keeping a close eye on the quarantine stuff, obviously, but mostly ignored anything/everything else going on, so... what has been going on? What new trends are there that I need to know about? Any new *ahem* red lines?
    @vmlinuz You've upgraded your penguin avatar.

HKer's are being invited to Cambodia as expat

Rob2020 and Peaky like this.

You might have missed the part where HK was never a colony. Actually we all missed that part.

you've missed nothing. I was away for a month in Europe - museums, galleries, vineyards, al fresco dining, caught covid in my first week which was a godsend. It was just so nice to be in a 'BAU' environment.

I've been back for 10days and have just finished all the mandatory PCR testing. Been keeping to myself at home, staying away from the local news (all covid-related, all very depressing).

Totally feel I'm in limbo back here - Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    A 7-11 shop assistant was a bit blunt with someone. I think that was the major story.
    Surely that was covered by all the major news wire services

One thing to note, Hamsters are now considered enemy combatants and foreign influences
    DO NOT COLLUDE WITH RODENTS

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast