Like Tree55Likes

Getting back to HK experiences with COVID

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hiki08:
    no idea but just guessing, reason for being taken to PB (or the 2 hotels if they had space) was because he tested positive while still in DQH? Result might've been different if he had already returned home is my guess.

On a side note, anyone know how do hotel meals work on check in and check out? If my flight is to arrive at 9pm, can I still ask the hotel for a dinner (or more accurately, will they provide me with one if I asked)? Reckon I'd still be hungry after that in flight meal...

On the day of check out, must I leave in the morning or can I enjoy a lunch (or dare say dinner) before leaving?
    Yeah sure. Maybe you can get them to clean you room each day as well. Turn over your sheets and leave a chocolate on the pillow.

You'll get fed when you get fed and be happy about it. Despite the high rates, this is QT time, not a city break at the Ritz.

On check out, if you are actually wanting to wait around for the lunch slop, then you need your head testing
    shri, Edwardstorm, Mary 2 and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Yeah sure. Maybe you can get them to clean you room each day as well. Turn over your sheets and leave a chocolate on the pillow.

You'll get fed when you get fed and be happy about it. Despite the high rates, this is QT time, not a city break at the Ritz.

On check out, if you are actually wanting to wait around for the lunch slop, then you need your head testing
    Ha ha, love the cynicism.

And you'll still be wearing your mask on the street to show your solidarity in 'fighting the pandemic'???

From the HK government COVID website:
    "For Specified premises of Compulsory testing notice:
    Persons who have been tested positive in the past three months, including positive cases either by nucleic acid tests recorded by the DH or by RAT that have been self-declared to the DH, are no longer subject to further compulsory testing."

Completed application today to register my non local COVID germs. Was quite simple. Complete the following form: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/...ordvpqr_EN.pdf
    Take form to one of 18 designated post offices (details found here: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/...ccFAQs_ENG.pdf). You can also book online in advance: https://obs.hongkongpost.hk/vaccPass/app
    Bring along your
    HKID
    Vaccine record (can probably show from LHS app) Proof of positive covid and recovery letter (when completing the form, mark the day you tested positive for covid)
    Quarantine order you get when arriving to HK (they email you the link)
    Proof of travel (boarding passes) I don't know if this is necessary, but had it with me anyway

Post office staff verify information and then provide you with a QR code which you can upload information to your LHS app.

Quote Originally Posted by hiki08:
    no idea but just guessing, reason for being taken to PB (or the 2 hotels if they had space) was because he tested positive while still in DQH? Result might've been different if he had already returned home is my guess.

On a side note, anyone know how do hotel meals work on check in and check out? If my flight is to arrive at 9pm, can I still ask the hotel for a dinner (or more accurately, will they provide me with one if I asked)? Reckon I'd still be hungry after that in flight meal...

On the day of check out, must I leave in the morning or can I enjoy a lunch (or dare say dinner) before leaving?
    I'm sure the hotel itself would know the answers to all these questions...
    hiki08 likes this.

I’ve booked my ticket to come back To HK next month.

But I wondering if I should have the new combo Moderna vaccine before I leave. Would this affect my PCR result and make it positive for Covid? Especially if it’s done within 14 days of flying?

What do you reckon? Don’t risk it even if it’s touted as the best vaccine to have?

Getting a pink bar code

Getting a pink bar code adds time to the
    - check in process as staff scramble to work out what to do
    - arrival process as you need extra checks on why your barcode is pink

Having just done 20 plus airports in the last couple of months only one had any Covid requirements beyound having a vaccination

Check In time v Arrival Time

Name:  outlier_scatterplot.png
Views: 301
Size:  2.5 KB

Is it just me that never keeps boarding passes?

AliT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Having just done 20 plus airports in the last couple of months only one had any Covid requirements beyound having a vaccination

Check In time v Arrival Time

Name:  outlier_scatterplot.png
Views: 301
Size:  2.5 KB
    Very much on brand to graph that..

Quote Originally Posted by pin:

Ride home
    We had booked a car in advance with 168 Limousine and they were waiting for us. Driver was super friendly and helpful. .
    How do you book 168? Is there an app or what’s the easiest way?