Like Tree55Likes

Getting back to HK experiences with COVID

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

You may have answered why my recovery is not shown on LHS. I don’t subscribe to eHealth. I’m not overly bothered. I’ll just get an exemption as it seems is now being mooted for the Nov financial conference

Considering to come back for a short trip to keep my RoA intact. Obviously I do not have a home in HK anymore, and it looks like I'm not allowed to enter any non-quarantine hotels during the +4 part, so I just stay in the same hotel 7 days? And then I basically can take the MTR and go hiking, but not enter any restaurants or bars? Is this actually checked/enforced?

@er2 - you will not be allowed to leave the designated quarantine hotel and reenter.

Find a AirBnB?

Look up Aaron on twitter, he has a list of hotels happy to take on +4 customers

misshappy26 likes this.

How are the hotels gonna know if you just arrived in HK? Is it possible to just lie to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    How are the hotels gonna know if you just arrived in HK? Is it possible to just lie to them?
    Vaccine pass la!

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Vaccine pass la!
    Ah okay, guess it should have been obvious. Wasn't sure if non-quarantine hotels used the system.

Came back to HK from SG yesterday evening... The process was more simplified in comparison with last year, still extremely annoying. When leaving the aircraft, you do your test (takes a one minute) at designated area, and afterwards you basically walk immediately to Immigration. Unlike last year, you had to wait one hour for your test result before you were allowed to leave.

Right before customs, there are folks waiting to scan your badge. They scanned mine, and their computer gave a buzzing sound. Had to wait for 10min for the test result. 10 min later, I was out...

Few thinks pissed me off, I read/somewhere that 'quarantine hotel taxi's' accept Visa/MasterCard, this was not the case, so had to take the bus. Obviously, I was not allowed to go to an atm to withdraw some HKDs. Waiting time for the bus was way too long, 20-30min.

It's strange coming back to HK (hopefully my last time). Life in Singapore is basically back to normal (same in KL). Had two normal weeks, once landed in HK and they opened the aircraft door, you see two people in full protective gear, your mood drops below zero... It's just doesn't make any sense anymore. Obviously it's all political driven.

On a positive note, hotel gave me a bigger room and promised me to refund the four days two weeks after I checked out.

drumbrake likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I don’t think there’s a straight answer to this question I’m afraid. At some stage they used to treat the surrounding seats as close contacts and it was all off to a CIF. These days it seems if you are travelling with a family and not coming back by Covid recovery route (I.e. you have all arrived via 48 hour PCR) and one of you fails a RAT then you’re all off to a CIF/hospital depending on symptoms.

Assuming RAT is not failed you won’t know the result of PCR until you are at the QT hotel. If you pass you receive NO result for the arrival PCR. If you fail then if you are in QT together then all off to CIF/Hospital depending on CT score, symptoms and the whim of the particular DOH reviewing the result.

it seems to me now that if there is a positive on your flight and you pass the RAT then you go to the hotel and every PCR you take including arrival PCR is taken on its own merits.

I don’t guarantee these comments are 100 percent accurate but they are a strong indication.
    arfleinad likes this.

Just caught up with the FB QT group. Didn’t really change my views from the above but one more piece of stupidity. If you choose the taxi option it is a max or 2 or 3 passengers. Quite why anyone would want to speed up the journey at their own expense is another matter but I guess a couple of tired and irritable children in addition to one’s own stress of the situation may be a game changer.

so if you are a family of four arriving steel yourself for 2 taxis or an arbitrary wait for a bus which could be 10 minutes or 100 minutes

arfleinad likes this.