Like Tree448Likes

August 2022 - HK Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    The booster won't be necessary if you manage to get Covid during those 180 days.
    Assuming you report it.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Just as important, how old were they?
    The point that so many people seem happy to forget is that it’s always been this way since the beginning with Covid.

In the UK across the entire Covid landscape, if I’m not mistaken the average age of death with Covid mentioned on the death cert was/is higher than average life expectancy in the uk.

Risk has always been heavily overstated with Covid,, now that it’s almost infinitely overstated in Hong Kong, finally people are acknowledging this fact, but frankly, it’s 30 months too late….
    shri and statman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    The point that so many people seem happy to forget is that it’s always been this way since the beginning with Covid.

In the UK across the entire Covid landscape, if I’m not mistaken the average age of death with Covid mentioned on the death cert was/is higher than average life expectancy in the uk.

Risk has always been heavily overstated with Covid,, now that it’s almost infinitely overstated in Hong Kong, finally people are acknowledging this fact, but frankly, it’s 30 months too late….
    Yes but the point is that the people that most need to acknowledge it are the ones now busily starting to make up rules as they go along after starting off so promisingly.

It is still v quiet on the HK 7 front. I suspect bankers will come though I wish they wouldn’t as that would be a real and meaningful statement.

I fear the next few weeks are going to see a return to flip flops. Hope I’m wrong.
    statman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I suspect bankers will come though I wish they wouldn’t as that would be a real and meaningful statement.
    Bankers are now demanding hardship allowances to move to Hong Kong!

https://www.efinancialcareers.com.au...hip-allowances
    statman and qhank like this.

Yes but the point is that the people that most need to acknowledge it are the ones now busily starting to make up rules as they go along after starting off so promisingly.

I fear the next few weeks are going to see a return to flip flops. Hope I’m wrong.
    Eh?

They've been making up bullshit rules, since early 2020, and you for one were pretty vocal in generally supporting the authoritarian approach.

It's only in the past (6 - 9 months?) ....that you've called them out on their shit, but that's too little and far far too late... The dye has long since been cast, habits formed and skull crushing obedience extracted from all the plebs - which is exactly why those plebs still find it impossible to accept that there are some amongst us that openly work around the rules.

You know who I'm talking about, don't you?

No my point is that since Jul 1 up until the last couple of weeks everything was in improvement or status quo. Now it seems we are going in the wrong direction again

Oh and I think you’re mixing the authoritarian approach with protests not Covid but let’s definitely not go there.

It is still v quiet on the HK 7 front. I suspect bankers will come though I wish they wouldn’t as that would be a real and meaningful statement.

Unfortunately institutions are judged on quarterlies and forward guidance... The irony...