Like Tree94Likes

Gender expression in schools

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    I feel we need to separate transgenderism from the transgender ideology.

For the first, we need to accept that transgender people exist and should be allowed to live their best lives without prejudice.

For the second, we need t be very, very careful.

For example, there is an interesting but thoroughly depressing subset of transgenderism, referred to as rapid onset gender dysphoria (ROGD). I'm not going to get into too much detail here but it refers exclusively to the huge increase of F2M transition among (mostly white, mostly middle class) teenage girls who have shown no previous gender uncertainty.

This phenomenon, combined with the growth of the medical intervention industry (in the US in particular) is leading many young, confused girls to be mutilated by surgeons. Irreversible hormone treatments and double mastectomies, all in the name of feeling accepted into a group (and it doesn't even last too long as many eventually detransition).

It is an example of how young females are being seduced by a religious cult-like ideology that positions itself as inclusive, but is in fact deeply misogynistic. This ideology is also based on numerous scientific falsehoods and contradictions, but the media and other institutions appear to be too afraid to question these in any detail.

IMO, through the acceptance of gender ideology we are witnessing a medical scandal up there with previous interventions such as lobotomies. Thankfully, we have many brave women who won't give up the fight, regardless of all vicious abuse they receive.
    we as in the Hk govt?

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    he's great.

But what is the outcome? That we affirm all claims of TG?

Schizophrenia is also neurobiological, but as the analogy goes, if someone comes into your office and says he is Napoleon, you don't offer him a horse and a sideways hat and wish him the best.
    We should listen carefully at the very least.

A TG person will tell you over and over that they are trapped in the wrong body. They know this with the certainty that you or I know we are left or right handed.

There is a correlation between TG people and schizophrenics, though: suicide.
    Last edited by SirNotAppearing; 07-09-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    The unisex toilets are not an problem and lots of schools in the UK are introducing them and making them more 'open' as they get rid of the vandelisim and bullying potential. However, the lack of urinals does introduce a space and time issue and boys peeing on th toilet seat cannot be great for the girls!

On the dress aspect - most schools in UK have uniform and lots of girls tend to wear trousers so the possibilities gender expression is quite limited.
    My daughter's toilets still have the urinals.

It is mostly boys opting to wear the girls' uniform with blouse and skirt. It has never really been a problem here, male nurses can wear the female nurses uniform including a dress.

is there a list of schools with unisex toilets in Hong Kong?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    is there a list of schools with unisex toilets in Hong Kong?

thanks.
    this is the list... As far as I know.
    SirNotAppearing likes this.

If only Star Trek had shown us what WCs of the future looked like.....

Cornmeal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    If only Star Trek had shown us what WCs of the future looked like.....
    The Orville also fails to deliver on this aspect of the future (subtext being everyone wears sophisticated diapers in the future).

I have no issue with unisex washrooms, I think acceptance, empathy, and compassion need to be emphasized more so than particular semantics or ideology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasiov0ytEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBzfUj5zsg

Seems like a catch 22 in these guidelines:

https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librar...%20environment.
    FrancisX likes this.

I don't see what the big fuss is about except for people that are closed minded and that have problems accepting change. All that is being done is to offer some choices and to try to create accepting environments where more people can be themselves. At the end of the day, parents and the children will make decisions about their body, not schools, not teachers and that's nobody's business. It's never going to be perfect but it's better than the culture of hate and intimidation that has pushed many young people towards self harm.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast