1 7.69%
  • China/Russia

0 0%
  • I'm a Non Believer

5 38.46%
Like Tree8Likes

UFO's/UAP's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips:
    Why wouldn't it be aliens? If we have the technology to go to Mars (some say in 20 years), it's only another small step to have the technology to do inter-stellar (i.e. leave earth and never come back) travel. Another 30 years and we are there. Not in my lifetime, but in that of my children. So if we can do it, why can't others?
    Mars colonies by 2050, which means we will have mastered the technology to produce potatoes from shit, produce oxygen, etc. If we can do it on Mars it means we can eventually do it on a spaceship (which will be renamed spaceshit).
    https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/sc...cted-elon-musk

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    Might simply be due to the US having more fighter jets / jets in the air than most nations to see and report these sightings. Occam's Razor and all. I'm not dismissing UFOs, but my sense is that it's US technology and the reports are objective feedback on how good the technology works (or doesn't). Nice way to keep unfriendly nations on edge, too.
    If it is US tech then great, sooner they share it with the rest of the world the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Because if they were anything like humans they would have made themselves extinct before that happened

Climate, nukes, war, etc
    Its the law of large numbers. If there are infinite number of life across the universe, there those that goes extinct and some that make it to type 5 civilization (google what that is).

Those senators are like the average american on the street - almost felt sorry for Zuckerberg when he gave testimony.

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Those senators are worse than the average american on the street - almost felt sorry for Zuckerberg when he gave testimony.
    Fixed it for you. These octogenarians don't seem to have a clue.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ok-regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Yea I never said it was aliens. Nobody knows but the main players in exposing this, the likes of Luis Elizondo, Tom De Longe, Gary Nolan etc seem to be suggesting it is more likely to be humans from another dimension/future (which incidentally would tie in with this part of your post). It's crazy i know but until it's proven to be something that can be explained it will remain something that can't be.
    The biggest issue about proving once and for all that alien life & technology exists is the rather massive exponential effect it will have toward all organised religions. Which is why governments have been quite in their rights to keep what they know rather secretive.

The moment that the whole alien existence genie is released from its bottle and proven true, you're going to have a large section of religious folks ( globally) killing themselves, because their whole belief structure has ( from that point) been nothing more than a huge man-made lie. Our governments cannot afford to lose tax payers ;-)

For the secular members of society then they/we have nothing to worry about and only knowledge to learn from.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 09-09-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    The biggest issue about proving once and for all that alien life & technology exists is the rather massive exponential effect it will have toward all organised religions. Which is why governments have been quite in their rights to keep what they know rather secretive.

The moment that the whole alien existence genie is released from its bottle and proven true, you're going to have a large section of religious folks ( globally) killing themselves, because their whole belief structure has ( from that point) been nothing more than a huge man-made lie. Our governments cannot afford to lose tax payers ;-)

For the secular members of society then they/we have nothing to worry about and only knowledge to learn from.
    What? How does life on other planets destroy Christianity?
    Elefant&Castle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What? How does life on other planets destroy Christianity?
    Could have at least got a mention in the bible and other holy books. Word of God and all that.

"Yeah, aliens. I did mean to mention them but just slipped my mind"

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Could have at least got a mention in the bible and other holy books. Word of God and all that.

"Yeah, aliens. I did mean to mention them but just slipped my mind"
    America is not in the Bible, so was Christianity destroyed when it was discovered? Endless number of things not in the Bible. And God said let there be Star Trek.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast