Like Tree13Likes

Cement truck lands on school bus

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cement truck lands on school bus

One dead, four injured after cement mixer truck plunges from flyover onto school bus – The Standard

Jeez too many flying objects landing on school busses. I can see the need for the govt to bring back homeschooling.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Jeez too many flying objects landing on school busses. I can see the need for the govt to bring back homeschooling.
    Exactly the first thing popped in my head "school bus again?"
    shri likes this.

The truck falls in front of the bus, and it is the cement mixer part that rolls off and hits the front of the bus.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Truck driver died or Bus driver died??
    Jezz that school bus was in a hurry as well, luckily no kids on board.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Truck driver died or Bus driver died??
    Jezz that school bus was in a hurry as well, luckily no kids on board.
    Truck driver died.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I remember seeing a tree falling on a school bus a few weeks ago. Them school mini buses sure are UNLUCKY

Name:  306787739_1089647328610510_2608207001580117135_n (1).jpg
Views: 394
Size:  417.1 KB

Name:  306720135_1089647335277176_120107149052187731_n (1).jpg
Views: 401
Size:  350.1 KB
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Video of the cement truck as it rolls over down onto the path of the school bus

Quote Originally Posted by emx:

Holy crap, it just gently rolls over the concrete barrier...amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by emx:

I never knew cement trucks were that unstable. I don't know the exact speed of the cement truck, but if the car in front of the cement truck was not speeding, the cement truck seemed to be going approximately the same speed as the car in front of it. It didn't seem like the driver of the cement truck did an extreme turn, seemed like the cement truck was gradually turning to follow the road.

But yet at that speed, and at that rate of turn, and that angle of the road, it was enough for the cement truck to tip over. Assuming the car in front of the cement truck was not speeding, I guess the cement truck should be going 1/2 the speed limit on that stretch of road, for safety reasons. But stuff happens all the time on the road, footballs get kicked onto the road, stray animals run onto the road, etc, and drivers need to often do emergency evasive actions. You wonder if cement trucks should always be going 1/2 the speed limit, so the driver can make emergency evasive actions, because they are so unstable like this one.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast