Like Tree44Likes

Roaches infestation in new home- what to do?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    This is a good answer. Unfortunately they might still just keep coming in from outside/neighbours once the internal problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    And cover off the drainage holes floor tubs sinks when not in use if possible... Keep the windows closed.

One of my biggest fears. Death by cockroach.
    They will even come up through the overflow drain which can be a real problem.

Cause I will leave HK for about half month, what can I do to avoid the roaches to climb from the drainage? Thanks a lot.

I'm serious, cover them. Set some bait now as suggested that's for longer term eradication and cover the holes while you're gone for max security.

HongKong_Great likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    I'm serious, cover them. Set some bait now as suggested that's for longer term eradication and cover the holes while you're gone for max security.
    Where can I buy the cover? Thank you Sarsi.

No no I didn't mean there were special purpose covers, just find your own and most convenient way to do it. Tape, plank of wood just whatever that has weight and big enough to cover the opening. That's how I do it.

For those who have their original drainage sink covers, you might want to add some weight on top of that.......they got enough strength to push that open....I got witnesses

HongKong_Great likes this.

Thanks a lot sarsi. You're a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    Thanks a lot sarsi. You're a big help.
    get a few centipedes but they tend to bite people as well. Maybe some Geckos.

I never seen a centipede in HK yet but I'm in concrete jungle. The story that Sg kids grow up with abt centipedes is if you get bitten, pain is excruciating enough that you'll dunk the wound in boiling water to take your mind off it.

I use these covers on all my drains - they cost about $70 in City Super and Wing On. They have versions for floor and wall drains.

產品介紹 Products