Like Tree8Likes

HK Police set up search engine in fight against scams

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK Police set up search engine in fight against scams

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...9-20221006.htm

https://cyberdefender.hk/en-us/

Seems it's a WordPress site with the custom Search module (and PHP misconfigured to display error messages to the public).

Name:  Screenshot_20221006_123616.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  641.8 KB

shri, ndt, Fenix2 and 1 others like this.

Never figured out why the govt does not have something that provides a consistent approved platform for its depts to work with... Standard WordPress / Drupal type virtual machines with approved branding and themes. I would think that Alibaba or other Chinese cloud vendors would be able to provide such platforms.

aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    .....and PHP misconfigured to display error messages to the public...
    That confirms roughly my idea of how professional the HK police works.

I reported a some fraudulent websites some time last year, all with HK company names and HK bank accounts. Shortly after I got a email reply with a case number that they are looking into that. However my report was not included in the mail.

Then something like 5 month later I got a mail requesting more information - again, my original report mail was not attached. I didn't memorize the case number, so had no idea what they where referring too.

Not interested to waste time with unprofessional morons I didn't bother to follow up.

I guess this will end as successful as the food trucks.

Asia's world alpha testing site.

GentleGeorge likes this.

I was forced to realize during the protests that the idea of police that existed in my head was completely fictional and based entirely on the movies and tv shows. You normally only see them patrolling so you assume the more police type shit they do will resemble tv but discounted. I was shocked at first, I mean I don't expect Jackie Chan or Swat but at least closer to how normal police are in shows but there was nothing to even discount. They are just regular ppl unfit and uncoordinated like the average resident except in uniform.

search engine is crap... search for com.hk and it will say it is possible risk.

If you want to piss a company off report them as a fraudster and then they simply list them. Brilliant huh?

Since we have stayed on topic for a few posts, does anyone know any English language alternative to HKJunkCall?

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Since we have stayed on topic for a few posts, does anyone know any English language alternative to HKJunkCall?
    Truecaller?

The phishing emails are so rampant now. Just got one today trying to intercept an invoice and change bank details.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast