Like Tree20Likes

iPhone 14

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Undecided whether to get 14 Pro max or wait for S23 Ultra... My Note 9 is on it's last legs - best phone I've ever had... Probably dropped it 100x in 4 years and it's still going. Prefer android but don't mind Apple, just have to get use to being locked down and not being able to download music and videos from YouTube and Reddit and tiktok etc... Unless apple suddenly can.

Quote Originally Posted by el_tornado:
    I'm coming back to HK in Mid-Oct. If I order an iPhone 14 Pro now, it's estimated to be delivered end of Oct to early Nov.

Do you reckon I would be able to buy it as a walk-in within a few days of my arrival? Or should is it better to order it delivered for the above time frame?
    Smartone now have them in stock, picking mine up tomorrow, not sure about Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Smartone now have them in stock, picking mine up tomorrow, not sure about Apple.
    Can you buy it outright from Smartone?

Quote Originally Posted by el_tornado:
    Can you buy it outright from Smartone?
    I have a contract with them and was able to pre order up to three. Not sure if you can buy if you aren’t a customer

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Me typing this on my sub 2k Poco phone....
    Colleague my 0.8K Poco M3 got broken recently... but served me well nearly 2 years. I just went to Sham Shui Po and got brand new LG Velvet for 1.5K. Astonishing phone for that cost..
    Crankshaft likes this.

Thinking of buying an iPhone 14 pro from Apple store and have it sent to my friend so I can get it in time when Im in HK.
    But I read this on Apple's forum.

"If your phone was purchased or made for Japan, Hong Kong, Macau or Korea then you cannot silence the camera shutter sound, regardless of where in the world you live"

So even when you flip the mute switch you still hear the camera shutter sound?
    Can someone with iPhone 14 pro confirm that, please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scann3r:
    Thinking of buying an iPhone 14 pro from Apple store and have it sent to my friend so I can get it in time when Im in HK.

"If your phone was purchased or made for Japan, Hong Kong, Macau or Korea then you cannot silence the camera shutter sound, regardless of where in the world you live"

Thanks
    Not sure about the camera shutter, but Hong Kong iphone 14 doesnt have any esim function. Its totally opposite of US iphone 14 which has only esim and doesnt have a normal sim tray anymore. The best place to buy an iphone 14 is actually anywhere EXCEPT US and Hong Kong, where they have both sim trays and esim support.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scann3r:

Thanks
    Can confirm you dont hear the shutter sound at all if its muted. At least not in Hong Kong.

HK also has sim tray & esim as far as I am aware.

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT212780
    scann3r likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    HK also has sim tray & esim as far as I am aware.
    I cannot find a definitive answer on whether iphone 14 purchased in HK has esim. The link you posted says "In Hong Kong and Macao, some iPhone models feature eSIM".

Another example, look at klook esim below. In the device compatibility, it says "Devices that are not supported-iPhone XR, XS and 11, 12, and 13 models purchased in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China".

https://www.klook.com/activity/70061...4g-esim-japan/