Like Tree61Likes

Staff of Chinese consulate in Manchester destroys Hong Kong protest signs and drags protesters into consulate to beat them up

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The New York Times: Protester Is Dragged Into a Chinese Consulate in England and Beaten.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/w...e-beating.html

There is some shock coming out of China as the videos gradually percolate over there.

The police weren't wearing masks.

jgl, natino and HK_Katherine like this.

Am I right in thinking that legally, the police are not able to go past that gate?
    It does seem the CG did give the nod of approval to the coppers to drag the victim back off the grounds.

Do the UK, HK, other politicians really expect any investigation to give a satisfactory result...I actually think they do ;_; the response will be the same already given...

The law only governs the law-abiding and no one else. Demanding for whatever response per protocol from someone who already gave you the finger upfront and then wait out the process, getting huffed up during it at subsequent storms in teacup just means you've "lost" the whole thing already. That's why I would have just gone in and karate chopped the consulate guys, rescue the protestor and whack a few more times when cameras not looking. You can't deal with China and get any real results using this politician shit. You'll just be wasting your own time...

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    No country will like to see protestors or banners outside, sure but this is where a composed consulate will just suck it up and do nothing to appear dignified (face of the country la), and not go out like a foot stomping brat
    You ever visit a free country? No problem protesting peacefully. Sometimes a license will be required if it's an official rally (which will be issued, even to disgusting groups like Neo Nazis). Free speech.
    Mrs. Jones and MatthieuTofu like this.

Why was the protester wearing a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    Why was the protester wearing a mask?
    I guess they did not want 28 generations of anyone related to them exposed to the wolfies?
    arathi, Mrs. Jones and hin23leung like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I guess they did not want 28 generations of anyone related to them exposed to the wolfies?
    I'm not sure that a surgical mask really does the trick for that though.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast