Like Tree34Likes

Fingering the US Midterms

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Fingering the US Midterms

Can't put my finger on it, but something depresses me about this video.

I understand it is heavily edited for comedic value but still...

Worth a watch, as I suspect no matter where you are from there are pockets of your country that resemble bits of America that are fingered in this video.

https://youtu.be/ttCZZ-w3BMg

And yeah... One week left for election day. Hope the US can get to Thanksgiving ...

Sith likes this.

Day of nostalgia.. haven't heard that for a long time! Legit old-fashioned retro word.

Of no use to Murdoch and dumped ...

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status...27277854400512

mrgoodkat likes this.

Couple of days after the election, still no one knows who controls Congress, it's all very tedious. But doesn't seem to be the sweeping Republican victory that many had predicted. Watched election returns on the local Myrtle Beach news channel...the lead-in video clip was my 87-year-old MOTHER heading in to her polling station to vote. Every time we came back from commercial break, there she was...yeah, old retired people, that about describes it here, especially is the demographic watching LOCAL news...

Pretty sure everyone discounted the abortion issue (yeah, it's only women, who cares...) as affecting support for Republican candidates. And there were a fair number of vile or just plain batshit insane people running for office...

AsianXpat0, hullexile and shri like this.

Between abortion and candidate quality, they managed a massive own goal sabotaging the usual gains to be made at midterms, let alone what they imagined with a not particularly popular President and significant inflation…

shri and MABinPengChau like this.

The country is likely best served with a Dem senate, Republican House and Dem president. It forces the middle to work together and diminishes the power of extremists. Keeping a Dem prez and senate would hopefully allow to start rebuilding a more balanced SCOTUS.

Pretty sure it's going to be a pretty even split so I predict that...nothing useful will happen in the next two years. And then God help us in 2024, the people who are making noises about running on both sides (Trump, Desantis on the Republican side, Biden on the Democrat side) are uninspiring. Perhaps Liz Truss can get expedited American citizenship and help us out...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Pretty sure it's going to be a pretty even split so I predict that...nothing useful will happen in the next two years. And then God help us in 2024, the people who are making noises about running on both sides (Trump, Desantis on the Republican side, Biden on the Democrat side) are uninspiring. Perhaps Liz Truss can get expedited American citizenship and help us out...
    Do you think Trump will run again after those less than convincing results? Though I am sure they were fake

Supposedly Trump might announce this week on the day Pence launches his tell all memoir... I doubt that Trump is attune to anything that happens, he'll run if he feels like it, I bet he misses the attention.

hullexile and MABinPengChau like this.

Calling Arizona and Nevada for D senators now. Georgia is gravy, but would be nice to have. Would also love to see Boebert lose, but there are a few thousand military ballots uncounted, so... dunno if Pitkin County has enough left in the uncounted column, where Fricsh is absolutely thrashing her. She should have won in a landslide. Trump's golden touch has worn off, but his fan base probably won't show up in a general election in '24 unless he's the candidate (and he's poison and will lose again) and there's no way he'd endorse anyone but himself and his bloated ego. Turns out reversing Roe v. Wade was the kiss of death. DeSantis would be a strong candidate in '24 if he can get the Trump hoard behind him (or at least half of them).

hullexile and huja like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast