Like Tree165Likes

Best TV Shows 2022

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Why the hell would you watch a dubbed version? Pretty sure the original language track is on Netflix with subs anyway?
    Bcos I don’t want to read the series instead of watching it.

Has anyone watched Slow Horses?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Bcos I don’t want to read the series instead of watching it.
    Since when is watching subs "reading" ? You sorted subconsciously take in the subtitles while watching no?
    TheBrit likes this.

Funny you brought this up. Watched qp mins of it before the Mrs took over the tv. Looking forward to watching an episode or two when I get a xhance. Apple TV + Brit spy thriller sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    After finishing Andor I think it's not only the best thing I've seen on Disney+ in a long time, it's possibly the best Star Wars TV show or media ever made including A New Hope
    It's seriously good, yeah. Very slow burning, more spy/war infiltration themes, and you don't even see a lightsaber in the whole thing. And it's all for the better. I really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Since when is watching subs "reading" ? You sorted subconsciously take in the subtitles while watching no?
    One of the things I like about subs is it forces me to watch... If the subs are not on (even normal English content) I spend time reading the news or posting on Geo and lose track .
    Gatts and Elegiaque like this.

If you like spy novels ala Le Carré or TV shows like The Night Manager, you're in for a treat. These dollar-store-agents are truly charming and you quickly get hooked to the plot.
    shri, East_coast and gunsnroses like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    and you don't even see a lightsaber in the whole thing.
    Name:  ship.png
Views: 102
Size:  181.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    After finishing Andor I think it's not only the best thing I've seen on Disney+ in a long time, it's possibly the best Star Wars TV show or media ever made including A New Hope
    Watched the first 4 episodes and while I like Star Wars this feels totally off. Seems they tried very hard to make it feel removed as much as possible from Star Wars to the point it doesn't feel related at all, not in story, style or designs. Seems like a grey, realistic sci-fi which Star Wars never was.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    One of the things I like about subs is it forces me to watch... If the subs are not on (even normal English content) I spend time reading the news or posting on Geo and lose track .
    Name:  IMG-20221202-WA0013.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  1.6 KB

so that's what it feels like to you...no dub/subs sorta forces you to keep full attn on screen..

Unsolicited medical opinion but I don't think that's the right diagnosis..

The condition you have is this.. 😅

Name:  IMG-20221202-WA0012(1).jpg
Views: 141
Size:  26.3 KB