Like Tree5Likes

Tourists & Vaccines / Vaccine Pass Arragements

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tourists & Vaccines / Vaccine Pass Arragements

Is it possible to get one for a tourist who has two Sinovac shots?

The situation is that my brother is coming to HK on 15th Dec and he made his second Sinovac shot on 29th Nov. Still if he comes to HK he will be considered untermensch: he won't be able to enter restaurants & bars, can't visit Buddah by cable car, can't visit HK Exhibition, museums - literally nothing.. Therefore, I will have to keep him at home or take him food in bags from a cafe.

But maybe there is a chance to get a 3rd shot in HK right away? So at least he would have a couple of weeks as a human

Possibly via private practice? The government booking system all hinges on ID card information.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:

The situation is that my brother is coming to HK on 15th Dec and he made his second Sinovac shot on 29th Nov. Still if he comes to HK he will be considered untermensch: he won't be able to enter restaurants & bars, can't visit Buddah by cable car, can't visit HK Exhibition, museums - literally nothing.. Therefore, I will have to keep him at home or take him food in bags from a cafe.

But maybe there is a chance to get a 3rd shot in HK right away? So at least he would have a couple of weeks as a human
    You do know there are guidelines around these things. Can't just pop shots in quick succession like knocking back drinks. In Hong Kong, for Sinovac, minimum time between 2nd and 3rd doses is 90 days (unless immunocompromised, then 28 days). Barring some change to the rules, I'd imagine that your brother is SOL.

https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/..._sheet_ENG.pdf

Check what the current state of the tourist provisional vaccine pass is.

Random search ...

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/servi...ndex.html#list

im surprised hes allowed in

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/i...ullyVaccinated

Read under the heading “who are considered fully vaccinated”.

2 doses of sino is enough, and expect that means he will get a 6 month vaccine pass code. Many places globally don't give 3rd doses to non vulnerable groups etc. It would be unntenable (even by HK standards) for them to run with requirements for toddlers to be dosed up to the eyeballs to be tourists!
    aquaman and Grinnie Jax like this.

Here's the govt press release which documents the provisional vaccine pass arrangements.

As inbound travellers from places outside Hong Kong may not be able to receive the third dose of vaccine in relevant places for fulfilling the requirements under stage three of the Vaccine Pass, to tie in with the arrangement of allowing non-HKRs to arrive in Hong Kong from overseas starting from May 1 and to provide convenience for persons staying temporarily in Hong Kong to enter specified premises under the Vaccine Pass, inbound travellers arriving on May 1 and after from places outside Hong Kong (including HKRs and non-HKRs) will be issued with a Provisional Vaccine Pass in the following channels:

(1) Starting from May 5, inbound travellers who are subject to compulsory quarantine will be issued with a vaccination record QR code and a Provisional Vaccine Pass for local use apart from a compulsory quarantine order at boundary control points (including land and airport boundary control points) upon entering Hong Kong.

(2) Inbound travellers who arrived in Hong Kong before May 5 and are undergoing compulsory quarantine may visit the 18 designated post offices after completing quarantine and fill in the declaration form, present their identity document in original and their quarantine order to obtain the Provisional Vaccine Pass.

(3) Inbound travellers who arrived in Hong Kong from the Mainland or Macao on or after May 1 and are not required to undergo compulsory quarantine (including persons who enter Hong Kong through the Return2hk Scheme or Come2hk Scheme) may declare their arrival record at the 18 designated post offices for obtaining a Provisional Vaccine Pass starting from May 5. These persons are required to complete a declaration form, and present their identity document in original and other relevant proof, e.g. Return2hk or Come2hk arrival health declaration QR code showing their arrival date or medical surveillance notice issued to persons exempted from quarantine.

Persons aged under 18 or persons with a disability can authorise a person to register on their behalf. For details, please refer to "FAQ – Non-local COVID-19 Vaccination Record/Recovery Record/'Provisional Vaccine Pass' QR codes" (http://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/n...NG.pdf?noembed).

The Provisional Vaccine Pass is valid within 180 days (i.e. six months) from the date of arrival. During the period, inbound travellers may carry with them or present the Provisional Vaccine Pass as a substitute for the vaccination record to enter specified premises under the Vaccine Pass. The Government has also updated the "LeaveHomeSafe" mobile application to version 3.2.3 for members of the public to save the Provisional Vaccine Pass to "LeaveHomeSafe" so as to facilitate scanning on entering Vaccine Pass premises subject to active checking.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2050500004.htm
    Last edited by shri; 09-12-2022 at 11:44 AM.
    Grinnie Jax likes this.

so a tourist with two doses is allowed in but cant go out?

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    so a tourist with two doses is allowed in but cant go out?
    Sure you can ... you can do whatever you want with the provisional vaccine pass.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Sure you can ... you can do whatever you want with the provisional vaccine pass.
    Oh, that's great!!! Thanks for the info. Somehow, I understood it wrongly initially. So, basically, "Provisional Vaciine Pass" is not worse than HK Vaccine Record

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast