Like Tree123Likes

Who is returning to HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 1

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Who is returning to HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 1

i know four of my friends are returning to HK from the UK these few months. anyone knows of people returning?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcrown:
    i know four of my friends are returning to HK from the UK these few months. anyone knows of people returning?
    Nope.

A few buddies who slipped over to Singapore last year and early this year are all close to signing on the dotted line to positions to come back here... Turns out there is nothing to do in Singapore and they want back in to honkers
    Beanieskis and muzzdang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Turns out there is nothing to do in Singapore
    True

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    they want back in to honkers
    mmmmmhhhhhhh

You must have a LOT of friends

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    You must have a LOT of friends
    It could be one family of four

I don’t know anyone who has fully committed to coming back but a few friends (US and Singapore) have either come or will come soon for work and have said they’re open to returning.

Did they emigrate or just leave HK to avoid Covid nonsense? Very unlikely anyone who moved entire lives overseas are suddenly rushing back.

Actually we know 3 couples who left in the first half of the year, two to the UK and one to France/Luxembourg. All were intended to be permanent departures at the time.

One UK couple back already, helped by the fact they both had global jobs which could be done in the UK but both companies ultimately preferred to have them over here. One of the companies was even soft enough to pay for both relocations

Couple in France coming back in January... there is a long narrative but I think they mostly just missed having two helpers / sea view / tennis courts and pool. The other UK bound couple are also now seriously considering coming back.

Definitely not representative, but neither is the totally downbeat attitude so many people on here seem to have.

Beanieskis, Insomnia and 7jai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Actually we know 3 couples who left in the first half of the year, two to the UK and one to France/Luxembourg. All were intended to be permanent departures at the time.

One UK couple back already, helped by the fact they both had global jobs which could be done in the UK but both companies ultimately preferred to have them over here. One of the companies was even soft enough to pay for both relocations

Couple in France coming back in January... there is a long narrative but I think they mostly just missed having two helpers / sea view / tennis courts and pool. The other UK bound couple are also now seriously considering coming back.

Definitely not representative, but neither is the totally downbeat attitude so many people on here seem to have.
    We shall see what the numbers say. Is the flow back bigger than the flow out?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast