Like Tree1Likes

Arrival PCR / Vaccine Pass To Be Scrapped

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrival PCR / Vaccine Pass To Be Scrapped

While the rest of the world gears up to test arrivals from HK/China/Macau, HK is likely to scrap arrival PCR tests in the next few days...

It is understood that authorities will scrap post-arrival PCR tests in the next few days in order to be in line with China's latest policies.

Lawmaker Kingsley Wong Kwok said experts should further discuss whether to abolish the restrictions.

Currently, inbound travelers are required to take PCR tests upon landing and on the second day of arrival.

It is understood that Hong Kong will adjust the PCR test requirements on arrival before the end of the year to minimize the disparity between overseas and mainland travelers' entry procedures. The announcement will be made once Secretary for Health Lo Chung-mau receives all the scientific data.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...ion/11/248538/

Also spotted in The Standard ..

For example, mainlanders arriving in Milan are being asked to receive PCR tests on arrival.

The tightened protocol will help Europe discover new variants after Beijing reportedly refused to share with them information of strains now prevalent in certain parts of the mainland.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...ion/17/248522/

Press conference @ 3:30PM today...

Arrival for PCR to be scrapped on 8 Jan = Will this mean overstretching the Hong Kong healthcare system?

Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    Arrival for PCR to be scrapped on 8 Jan = Will this mean overstretching the Hong Kong healthcare system?
    The PCR thing is a rumor .. but I suspect like all things these days, its been sorted and ordered. I cannot see PCR testing at Lo Wu and other non-airport points working out too well ... think bus travel, ferries etc...

I think we've stopped giving a shit about the healthcare system a while back... why should we? We have a german and a patriot vaccine protecting us.

I am in the UK at the moment. No one wears masks apart from in hospitals or care homes, there are no covid restrictions however.....
    There is a very nasty flu virus going around (NOT covid) and me and my wife have caught it, we are still recovering but its not nice. It is going rampant through the UK at the moment and the home where my mother in law was staying in had an outbreak a few weeks ago of which 5 residents on the same ward (including my mother in law who passed away 2 days ago) have died over the last 2 weeks!
    Makes the whole PCR testing thing a total waste of time and money when there are bugs going around much deadlier

SCMP reporting..

Hong Kong is set to further ease Covid-19 curbs following similar action by mainland China, by dropping quarantine requirements for close contacts, the vaccine pass scheme and mandatory polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests for inbound travellers, according to sources.

The Post has also learned that the current 12-person ban on public gatherings will be scrapped, but mask-wearing rules will remain in place.

Chief Executive John Lee Ka-chiu is set to announce the latest measures on Wednesday afternoon along with health secretary Lo Chung-mau and Centre for Health Protection controller Edwin Tsui Lok-kin.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...close-contacts

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The PCR thing is a rumor .. but I suspect like all things these days, its been sorted and ordered. I cannot see PCR testing at Lo Wu and other non-airport points working out too well ... think bus travel, ferries etc...

I think we've stopped giving a shit about the healthcare system a while back... why should we? We have a german and a patriot vaccine protecting us.
    There isn't any requirement for travellers from China to have a PCR test on Day 0 after arrival so this is a non-issue. They only need to get a Day 2 PCR test like everyone else.

Only travellers from outside of China/Macau receive a Day 0 PCR test at the airport.

If Lo Wu opens up then it'll simply operate like the existing Shenzhen Bay crossing where no PCR testing is required coming into Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    If Lo Wu opens up then it'll simply operate like the existing Shenzhen Bay crossing where no PCR testing is required coming into Hong Kong.
    All scrapped ... no need lah.... we're suddenly super-immune.
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I am in the UK at the moment. No one wears masks apart from in hospitals or care homes, there are no covid restrictions however.....
    There is a very nasty flu virus going around (NOT covid) and me and my wife have caught it, we are still recovering but its not nice. It is going rampant through the UK at the moment and the home where my mother in law was staying in had an outbreak a few weeks ago of which 5 residents on the same ward (including my mother in law who passed away 2 days ago) have died over the last 2 weeks!
    Makes the whole PCR testing thing a total waste of time and money when there are bugs going around much deadlier
    Sorry to hear about your Mother in Law dude, my whole family has been sick as well for the past week and we all still tested negative.

My kid has had a fever for over a week and chugged a litre of Paracetamol to keep it under control, saw doctors 3 times but still didnt get better until recently then my mrs and myself started coughing and fever as well. All 3 of tested negative everyday for covid. This bug going around the UK is quite powerful at the moment.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast