Like Tree88Likes

Jan 2023 - China Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

“That’s why I would put the risk as quite low that there is a dangerous new variant in China,” he said. He noted that “some very special characteristics” would be needed for a new variant to emerge and replace omicron.
    Creating a new variant is very complex and not an easy task. Please give them some more time. Specially now, creating one for the elderly is much easier than for people holding a white paper.
    shri and alexdown like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Well China does have "very special characteristics" for viruses, apparently, which is why we got here in the first place! Starting with lack of hand soap and handwashing habits.
    Where did you hear this? My Chinese relatives are way more fastidious about hand washing than my British relatives.

Irrelevant anyway. No-one ever caught Covid from infected surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    No-one ever caught Covid from infected surfaces.
    Then show me the science that says it is impossible to catch covid from infected surfaces.

Sigh.. ^ this social definition of science is a disease too along expertism. I have zero interest in catching covid or other cooties (my nemesis the flu bug) nor falling sick 10yrs later to stress fear induced cancer bcos mood+anxiety lvl going up and down reading all these guesstimates of epic proportion during covid snafuism we seem to be inflicting on ourselves on purpose. No choice but to throw in my own sleuthing into what I read now and now that I've started n can't help mentally log press inconsistencies, suddenly making me feel a lot less jittery😅 I personally feel abit better abt our prospects.. so am quite upbeat abt 2023..

Original Post Deleted
    I believe China have only released 54 genome results to the globally shared database from all that it has done. I could be wrong but if that is the case then the lack of transparency would be a concern.

Original Post Deleted
    China were not joining the party, that is the point. Enjoying the party means sharing data on GISAID.

https://asiatimes.com/2022/12/china-...ovid-dna-data/

Looping.. the governments and WHO are looping..

Seeing Trump, Ukraine flag.. Donald Trump and Elon Musk good case in point for why the pandemic is separate beast from covid..

Why the strong reaction to their tweets and media coverage and why there are calls for them to be banned when Twitter is free to use for all.

Perceived media indiscretion by virtue of their role and possible influence. Sorta same for celebs when they say supposed sexist racist remarks. EM and DT imo like using twitter and use it like a regular person, just tweets out loud. They don't see any problem w it, not abusing any special rights etc. Rem when EM tweeted abt Ukraine should seek peace plan and there was an uproar..

Same problem here. Health professionals, gov officials, experts, researchers gabbing to reporters abt "findings", possibly the next big thing. They say, assume, forecast, pulling big numbers from thin air mostly as individuals = we read as medical certainty bcos they have some professional badge. Even if article says still subject to peer review ladida..

I think it matters v lil now what data China shares or doesn't. Verdict already out. The whole world has already reacted and behaving as if what the press has said. Variant anytime now. China bomb just waiting to blow. Even tho only 1bn chinese exist and 250m infected in 20 days + w already infected technically should be done by now. Billions infection when the world still in single digit bn. Doomsday is inevitable..

Public/gov roles cannot think out loud.. certain professions too. Bcos mayhem. This is just for normal times. When in pandemic mode.. That's why companies have media policies..

Looks like Canada has joined others and is requiring tests from HK, Macau and PRC.

At the moment out of the big countries seems only Germany not requiring anything (may change depending on EU meeting later this week).

Also seems for UK it's only from PRC (not HK or Macau).

Bugger.
    Anyone know of a place to get a supervised RAT test done?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Looks like Canada has joined others and is requiring tests from HK, Macau and PRC.

At the moment out of the big countries seems only Germany not requiring anything (may change depending on EU meeting later this week).

Also seems for UK it's only from PRC (not HK or Macau).

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    Bugger.
    Anyone know of a place to get a supervised RAT test done?
    Tung Chung CTC is still open as are Hang Hau , and one in SSP according to the FB group.
    BCD likes this.

So easy to just use a fake PCR result to be able to board. I may or may not have done it to get back to HK a few months ago. No one gives a S.

bdw likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast