Like Tree88Likes

Jan 2023 - China Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    You guys can go on with this act of yours. I'm never one to back down from assholes or bullies so I think you guys are total nutjobs. Entire forum? Litter? I've seen this happen bits and pieces for some other ppl. I usually assume there is history behind it being here for barely 3.5 mths. The litter I see is most what would have been just 1 post by some guy not targetted at any of you but just a pov vs 20 snippy posts back and forth bcos you dipshits decided to have a go at somebody and at the end of the 20, again with his bullshit nonsense omg why did we even bother. Can it already with this motherfucking bullshit of yours which is just pathetic adult bullying.
    Don't worry, the pair of them - Hull and Brit - are aggressive types who don't live in HK but do live on this forum. Odd behaviour. Love nothing more than reducing every thread to personal abuse. Feels like a coping mechanism. Clearly neither are happy with their lot in life. Or maybe because neither of them has an intelligent argument to offer? Not for me to say.
    Last edited by FrancisX; 08-01-2023 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    That's the thing, vaccination does help them. The whole medical scientific community agrees that a fully vaccinated person's chances of severe disease or death are incredibly reduced when compared to a non-vaccinated high risk individual. Unless you have some proof to the contrary that a gazillion doctors and scientists don't have, and that literally every corona stat points out, I'd advise you to stop this kind of black and white nonsense.
    Back on topic (I hope), could you link me to these studies that show how "a fully vaccinated person's chances of severe disease or death are incredibly reduced when compared to a non-vaccinated high risk individual" who applied to the morbidly obese? Although I am suspicious about the bit in bold - are you comparing apples with apples? Why not high risk fully vaccinated? Or non-vaccinated low risk individuals?

Note that I never said the shots were ineffective. I said that they are not vaccines, and that more effort to be fit and healthy would be a better protection for obese people than simply getting a shot. Narratives are important and can be very dangerous if taken at face value. remember when everyone was pushing to get the sick on ventilators? How did that work out? Follow the science indeed.

If you wish I can show you the stats around morbid obesity and higher risk of covid death/serious illness, regardless of vaccination. It shouldn't be so surprising that an unhealthy person has more risk of serious disease, but we are living in bizarro times.

And just for the record, some food for thought:

"By April 2022, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data show that about 6 in 10 adults dying of COVID-19 were vaccinated or boosted, and that’s remained true through at least August 2022 (the most recent month of data)."
    Last edited by FrancisX; 08-01-2023 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    However, it is now becoming clear that vaccine hesitancy was the smartest position to take.
    Why?

I do not know anyone who has or is suffering from significant side effects due to the vaccine. I have never even spoken to anyone who has mentioned that they know someone who does.

All the stats prove that the death toll is lower in vaccinated people and that is believable and logical in my view.

Being vaccinated has made life easier, eg. travelling and being allowed at/into places.

That said, I see little point in getting more than my 3rd vaccine, unless my company mandates it or future travelling requires it.

This gossipy oh lol type bullshit I've been seeing from the same ppl over and over across diff topics threads and victims and doesn't seem to be criticised is gobsmacking bcos it is so plainly intentionally vicious.

And I know you guys are cowards and bullies bcos you make derisive comments abt me to each other when I am just right here. I've seen some exhanges btw FrancisX and some ppl here so I gather there's some history but when he joins the conversation, he responds directly to DeletedUser first. He doesn't gang up like you cowards, making lol oh look at him type remarks.

I don't think I'm really that disruptive to thread discussion with my unintelligible nonsense, annoying if you prefer a linear flow so I'm cramping your style but the discussion here isn't particularly open-minded anyway. Maybe it is bcos of covid stress but when I see FrancisX remarks abt the obesity, the first thing to my mind was none of what Gatt or hullexile thought abt. I thought he was talking abt why WHO has clearly ignored the importance of natural immunity to covid that to-date still ranks as one of the 2 top available protection and guard against covid virus, vacc being the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Why?

I do not know anyone who has or is suffering from significant side effects due to the vaccine. I have never even spoken to anyone who has mentioned that they know someone who does.

All the stats prove that the death toll is lower in vaccinated people and that is believable and logical in my view.

Being vaccinated has made life easier, eg. travelling and being allowed at/into places.

That said, I see little point in getting more than my 3rd vaccine, unless my company mandates it or future travelling requires it.
    Those people with increased risk of myocardial, esp from the Moderna medicine might now think hesitancy would have been better.

Look, I'm not anti-vax - I have had three shots, as has my family, although this was mostly out of necessity (travel, etc.), especially for the kids. I just think lots of mistakes were made during this journey and it highlights the value of caution around new and mostly unproven medicine and medical interventions such as ventilators.

My overall point is that the shots are mostly good, but they are not an ultimate panacea and never were, despite being presented that way. We could and should have done much more with encouraging people to be healthier ("Lose weight or die of Covid" would have been an effective tagline ) and invested more in treatments rather than the rush to create a vaccination that isn't a vaccination and that in some cases made people sick and even die.

Instead to all got tribal once again and people simply adopted the position of their tribe rather than applying critical thought
    . "Look at him taking horse medicine"
    "Look at them sheep injecting poison",
    etc.
    Last edited by FrancisX; 08-01-2023 at 12:59 PM.
    Crankshaft likes this.

I v low enuthusiam in arguing over the unvaxx rate mostly cuz I don't think they will ever get to a lvl satisfactory and comforting enuff to say ok we good now w herd immunity..

Is anyone in HKgov even keeping track of the vacc rates and what was their last supposed goalpost..

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    invested more in treatments rather than the rush to create a vaccination that isn't a vaccination and that in some cases made people sick and even die.
    ?

I know of a young lady who had cardiac side effects due to the BionT vaccine.

Why?

That's the problem right there. Mandates. People in general don't like being told what to do by the people they have elected into government. Of course dictatorships like Hong Kong are different though. Employers forcing vaccines on their staff! Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    ?
    ?

Please explain. Are you questioning the need for treatments or the fact that some got sick and even died from the vaccine?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast