Like Tree2Likes

Tseung Kwan O Tomorrow?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    The amount of blue taxi allowed to drive on Lantau South. During the weekend they're impossible to get because there are so few of them.
    It's a problem for TKO as well, i visit often and I have literally never seen a blue taxi there
    cookie09 likes this.

The amount of blue taxi allowed to drive on Lantau South. During the weekend they're impossible to get because there are so few of them.
    Agreed, 50 is ridiculous.

And I half expected a dumb policy of 50 more blue taxi licenses to cover TKO as well when I read your “blue taxi” comment.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwood:
    And I half expected a dumb policy of 50 more blue taxi licenses to cover TKO as well when I read your “blue taxi” comment.
    I'd like to see TKO water taxis into central from the waterfront

Quote Originally Posted by woodwood:
    Agreed, 50 is ridiculous.

Maybe there was sarcasm AND I didn't get it...but TKO have green taxis right?

EDIT: I take it back... was definitely sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Maybe there was sarcasm AND I didn't get it...but TKO have green taxis right?
    Nope

They're going to extend an MTR line there so transportation probably won't be a huge deal. Also, the Cross Bay Link is already ready so there'll be plenty of traffic to use it other than just the Lohas Park folks.

This is quite far out from TKO so it won't crowd TKO much apart from a few people coming there to shop or for schools perhaps, but the area will likely cover all the basic daily shopping requirements anyway as other places do too.

TKO and TC are going to be so packed, the MTR to TC is already a nightmare during the week, once that reclamation is done it is going to be ridiculous. And dont get me started with their couple blue taxi licenses...
    Name:  North_Island_Line_proposal_interchange.svg.png
Views: 189
Size:  171.7 KB

The TKO line and Tung Chung line will be joined together by 2026. Doubt it will make the situation better for TKO / TC residents but it will definitely improve the Island Line situation. Maybe they will increase the frequency of the new TKO/TC line.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Name:  North_Island_Line_proposal_interchange.svg.png
Views: 189
Size:  171.7 KB

The TKO line and Tung Chung line will be joined together by 2026. Doubt it will make the situation better for TKO / TC residents but it will definitely improve the Island Line situation. Maybe they will increase the frequency of the new TKO/TC line.
    It's highly unlikely that this happens by 2026 and the way the government is so stubborn about Lantau Tomorrow, sometimes I do worry about the city's finances.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    The TKO line and Tung Chung line will be joined together by 2026. Doubt it will make the situation better for TKO / TC residents but it will definitely improve the Island Line situation.
    Eventually they will probably loop the TKO line back around from this new station (call it TKO Tomorrow) under the channel to join the island line at Chai Wan... and I guess you could say the island lines problems will have gone full circle

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Eventually they will probably loop the TKO line back around from this new station (call it TKO Tomorrow) under the channel to join the island line at Chai Wan... and I guess you could say the island lines problems will have gone full circle
    The cost of that would be insanely prohibitive.