Like Tree1Likes

Short rental question / suggestion

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by PKS_2000:
    New place isn't ready, current landlord asked us to leave, we need to find place for couple of months. I would like to check with all if you have any experience sharing / learning.
    Obvious questions
    - how to get internet connection for 2 months?
    - will agent charge full fees to find short term rental (i know FB has few options, we can check there as well)

any other sharing / learning....

Thank you in advance
    Needs teh infos. Family with kids? A couple? Pets (if you've got pets, then you're probably screwed!) But anyways- internet connection is simple. Work of mobile phone hotspots of 4G routers for a while.

Just how long is short term?
    You can in theory just not move for a month or 2 until eviction notice served by the court.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    You can in theory just not move for a month or 2 until eviction notice served by the court.
    Oof. I wouldn't wanna open up that potential (illegal) can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    tell the helper to go home and enjoy for a few months then

short term rental for a few months can be found but rare, if there is one on offer the internet will already be there, u just need the wifi password from the LL so dont worry about that, if it doesnt then get a sim card data wifi router and use that for the next few months.
    SIM card data wifi routers also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    ha ha ha. its for short tenor of 2 months but any litigation / court drama is beyond my appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Needs teh infos. Family with kids? A couple? Pets (if you've got pets, then you're probably screwed!) But anyways- internet connection is simple. Work of mobile phone hotspots of 4G routers for a while.
    with school going kids, no pet, a helper. most of us have 25GB data on phone so that's not big worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    There are always many short term rentals advertised on FB renting groups. There's at least one dedicated short term group. Finding an unfurnished one will be hard though.
    that what I am looking for. hopeI will get soon.
    VillanElle likes this.