Like Tree13Likes

Job and Business together

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Job and Business together

Hi All,

I am doing a IT job in HK and planning to start a IT company in Hong Kong and India both.

I would like to ask whether is there any problem as per law of Hong Kong or India if I continue my job and also own a company ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

TIA

Starting point: Read your employment contract.

ndt, becomjapanHK and shri like this.

I would like to ask whether is there any problem as per law of Hong Kong or India if I continue my job and also own a company ?
    Yes

Any suggestions are welcome.
    First one off the top of my rented third floor, Spouse..

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:

First one off the top of my rented third floor, Spouse..
    Sorry, I don't understand what you mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Starting point: Read your employment contract.
    Yes, I read it but there is nothing written which preventing me owing a company.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Sorry, I don't understand what you mean ?
    First thought in my mind without thinking much, assuming spouse is on dependent visa, possible to register a company in his/her name?
    LetsDiscuss likes this.

Yes, I read it but there is nothing written which preventing me owing a company.
    Check out old threads, IIRC you need letter of no objection from the current employer and then get permission from ImmD to register a business..

But is there anything about doing other work, employed or self-employed?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But is there anything about doing other work, employed or self-employed?
    This.. check intellectual property ownership and conflict clauses. Chances are your company has this covered if you work for a company that has experienced HR. Mostly used for intimidation.. but worth a check and as ndt says a no injection (not sure if there is an immd form for this l, if you are going to take a salary etc from that business).

Could be wrong about this .. but worth putting oaranoid thoughts to rest, starting and running a business is tough enough without having to watch your backm.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    First thought in my mind without thinking much, assuming spouse is on dependent visa, possible to register a company in his/her name?
    Yes, its possible but I afraid that if in future someone want to meet company owner then she would not be able to handle the meetings.

but if can't own the business then I will start with her name.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast