Where is the best place to buy a Mac?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where is the best place to buy a Mac?

Those of you who have been following the saga will realise I am not bonding well with my new (corporate) laptop. I am now very close to throwing in the towel and buying a (personal) mac that I will also use for work (and because IT do not support mac, nobody will touch it but me!).

So - for all you experts - where is the best place to buy one in HK?

The online store? A physical store? The airport?

Or should I buy overseas? I often travel to Manila, KL, Australia; will be in the UK in October (can I wait that long I wonder?).... no plans to be in the USA though.

I'm tempted by the 13" Macbook Pro - any comments on this? Good machine?

I bought my new iMac from the the Apple Store online @ store.apple.com/hk. Fast delivery. Good deals on refurbished, too, if you like a discount.

thanks - did you check out any shops before deciding to buy online?

Yes, I was in the DG Lifestyle store at both IFC and the airport. I didn't buy there but they seem like quality establishments.

I bought mine from DG Lifestyle, managed a discount and memory upgrade. They didn't have a larger hard drive in stock so a few freebees thrown in as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Agree with the other guys on here. And I wouldn't wait till the UK - the 13" MacBook is 749GBP on Welcome to Apple Store - Apple Store (U.K.), but comparitively is HK$7,788 on Welcome to the Apple Store - Apple Store (HongKong). At about 12.8 HKD to the pound that's about 140GBP cheaper!

I was assuming I would be able to claim my 15% VAT back if I purchased in the UK.... but thanks for the comparison!

Definitely buy it online, very hassle-free, and free shipping!

On-line store. Though, they shipped my Macbook in from Shanghai as they didn't have any stock in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpies:
    Agree with the other guys on here. And I wouldn't wait till the UK - the 13" MacBook is 749GBP on Welcome to Apple Store - Apple Store (U.K.), but comparitively is HK$7,788 on Welcome to the Apple Store - Apple Store (HongKong). At about 12.8 HKD to the pound that's about 140GBP cheaper!
    Buy several and sell them to friends in the UK.

DN325Ci - Thanks for the tip on the Refurbed units. Would not have expected to see those on their site.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast