Empire vs CityLoft

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Empire vs CityLoft

I have a very low budge and these are the only two I would consider (or can afford at the moment).

I've read tons of bad reviews about CityLoft (cannon st) about how it's dirty (I read a review from someone who said he found colorful Pubes flying in and out of his apartment throughout his stay?? lol) and the management kept letting random people to view your unit and the cleaning services were bad. They quoted me $6500/month all inclusive for the 190 s.f. on Cannon st. A few of the reviews said that the places was ok (I wonder if they're legit reviews).

I've read a lot of good reviews about Empire on causeway, haven't come across a bad review yet. They quoted me $7500/month, not sure if all inclusive, not sure about the room size.

I'm wondering. Since I'm jobless and will be moving into the service apartment immediately after I landed (when I begin my job hunting), I'm very concerned about the budget as I am using my savings without income. I will only stay in the service apartment for the initial month, at least I get a place to stay as I look for other 'real' places to rent (so I can actually see the place before I pay).

So why I'm kind of favoring CityLoft, because it's $1000 cheaper, it has laundry service, it's all inclusive (I'm pretty sure empire is too.... no? yes? Is empire all inclusive with the electricity and water and everything?). But I'm thinking, I don't want to live in a dirty place where my bed makes me itch at night and with random people coming into my place when I'm not here, and the Empire room (they sent me the actual picture of the room I'll be renting) looks pretty roomy.

So my question. Is it worth the extra $1000 to get the Empire apartment? Is CityLoft really that horrible?

Last edited by rottenlemon; 30-07-2009 at 04:34 AM.

I've never heard of either of these places. But why on earth are you moving into a serviced apartment when you are a person who is scared of loneliness?

Here's an idea. Stay in a private room in a travellers' hostel for your first month. You will save money, and you will meet people in the common areas. Sorted!

you can get a 300 sq ft apartment in sai ying pun/sheng wan, it's chean, for around HK$4000

Stay in a shared apartment and save money. Check out ads in classifieds section here.

OR... go to a cheaper side of town (N.Ts) and check out estate agent windows. You can easily get your own apartment two or three times the size of what you mentioned for 4-6k. This is only an option if you'll be in HK at least a year though.

I will move into a cheaper place, but I need to sleep somewhere for at least the first week so I can physically check out the places myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Here's an idea. Stay in a private room in a travellers' hostel for your first month. You will save money, and you will meet people in the common areas. Sorted!
    How does this work? What's a travellers' hostel? Which one would you recommend? I'm hoping to stay at a place where there are limited weirdos that try to hit on you or something

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlemon:
    What's a travellers' hostel?

I'm hoping to stay at a place where there are limited weirdos that try to hit on you or something
    I've started to think that you're just a wind-up...

I don't think so - I think she's just incredibly inexperienced in the ways of the world. On a very limited budget either a private room in a hostel or a room in a shared apartment is clearly the way to go in my mind.

I've never been on my own before and I'm Extremely nervous and stressed out. I'm just concerned about my personal well being both emotionally, physically and financially. And I want to be as prepared as possible. So what if I like to plan things out, map out the good and the bad, and what to do when the bad happens, and what I can do to avoid those circumstances. What's wrong with that.

[QUOTE=rottenlemon;410327]I've never been on my own before and I'm Extremely nervous and stressed out. I'm just concerned about my personal well being both emotionally, physically and financially. And I want to be as prepared as possible. So what if I like to plan things out, map out the good and the bad, and what to do when the bad happens, and what I can do to avoid those circumstances. What's wrong with that.[/QUOTE

no need to worry, hong kong is very safe place to live, try seeking a flats share with girls for piece of mind, but even a studio apartment should be safe.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast