Ani Ashekian - Have you seen this woman? (Missing person)

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Did anyone see the movie Taken with Liam Neeson? Had me thinking of Ani.

Folks, by now surely it must be absolutely clear that either (most likely) she's dead or she has no desire to be in contact with anyone who knew her previously.

Move on.

so easy to give up on a loved one, eh?

What if she were your daughter?

Come to think of it, never mind.

So what would your criteria be for moving on? Or would you let it screw up the whole of the rest of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Folks, by now surely it must be absolutely clear that either (most likely) she's dead or she has no desire to be in contact with anyone who knew her previously.

Move on.
    Yeah, easy to say. No need to join any search party looking for me - you would only get in the way it seems.

I am sure the family and friends would love to "move on". They want to find out what has happened, either way. They are being realistic, I believe, and doing as much as they can. If you don't want to contribute, fine.

But to say "move on" is just stupid and I will nominate your post as "Most Retarded Post of the Year". You are a clear favourite, with that post.

If she has met with foul play, then I am sure we all would like to know. I think a life is worth more than nine months of searching. Because the rest of your life wondering what happened to someone is a very long time. But give up in less than a year? Not me.
    Last edited by Crocodile; 27-08-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    But give up in less than a year?
    So how long then? Two years? Five? Ten?

There is no time limit. People want closure, it's a natural instinct. It doesn't affect all but I would probably say a majority. You only have to look at the family of Keith Bennett, a victim of the Moors Murderers, who are still looking for his body 40 years later - and they knew what happened to him. In more recent times a girl who was missing for 18 years is found Kidnapped California girl found 18 years later | World | Reuters

If it was one of my children or family I'd never give up either.

PDLM, do you have children?

I have one that I'm aware of, but as far as I know she lives in the US with her mother and, I suspect, a step-father, although I have no contact so I'm not sure.

Last edited by PDLM; 28-08-2009 at 02:20 PM.

I can see why they wouldn't give up as I doubt this person has met foul play IF she successfully made it to Hong Kong as they say she did. If someone is going to meet foul play, they don't let them jump on a plane and do it in the next big city.

People disappear all the time for various lengths of time and can create whole new lives and identities including becoming happily married and fine people in their new communities. Then they get discovered or re-emerge or someone puts the missing pieces of the puzzle together.

I knew someone who had a good job, marriage, kids etc who had a breakdown in his late 30s and went missing for 2.5 years. He only came back to Vancouver from LA when the brother of his room mate was visiting on his summer holiday and the two got drunk and he told his story of how he had a breakdown, got a bus to LA and now was afraid to call home. The teacher brother from Michigan said, hey, I always wanted to go to Vancouver and he called the guy's wife and put my friend on the phone and they left two days later for a family re-uniting! I met this guy at a university after this as he was taking another degree and I moved into his basement suite and heard this unbelievable story from his wife and him. I couldn't believe it.

This Canadian guy was missing for 24 years:

Missing B.C. fugitive nabbed after 24-year search

Updated Fri. Sep. 1 2006 11:38 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

A British Columbia man who disappeared 24 years ago after surviving a plane crash in a Montana lake that killed his girlfriend has been arrested in Texas.

Jerry Ambrozuk was arrested in an affluent suburb of Dallas on Wednesday on a warrant for negligent homicide in the drowning death of 18-year-old Vancouver resident Dianne Babcock on Aug. 22, 1982, U.S. officials said.

CTV.ca | Missing B.C. fugitive nabbed after 24-year search

The next chapter for the guy was here:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0601/20070601/

Last edited by Football16; 28-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast