not too expensive wedding rings in HK ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    hull: do you mean Wing On Jewellery? (Not the Dept. store.)
    Sounds familiar but I am hopeless at names. I just walk in and get it.

Hi,
    You can try TAKA Jewellery in Causeway Bay (East point road, between G2000 and Giordano, close to SOGO)
    See the website : Taka Jewellery

I bought a ring there recently...I think it was all right (nice and not too expensive).

Up to you and congratulations !

We were happy with the service and pricing at Gaily Jewellery in Queen's Road Central (near the big Sasa sign).

Congrats Mikahell!
    I got married in Hong Kong last year and the ring issue was a tough one.
    In causeway bay, if you walk from Sogo towards Wanchai, you will find plenty of smal jewelery. The best thing is to enter some of them and do the benchmark. You can bargain, i got mine for quite cheap in the end and the quality is good.
    And then, it all depend on the style of ring you want. I wanted something very simple but it seemed simple was impossible to find in Hong Kong except at Tiffany's....

Not sure what you mean by not too expensive but the big names here: Chow San San, Chow Tai Fook, TSL, 3D Gold....will set you anywhere between 1K to 5K which IMHO is pretty correct.

More international brand (Tiffany & Co, Cartier)....will start from around 8/10K minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Partyanimal:
    I wanted something very simple but it seemed simple was impossible to find in Hong Kong except at Tiffany's....
    I know what you mean...I lost count of the number of shops who expressed shock (and lost a sale) when I stated I wanted a plain wedding band (one comment was "But everyone in Hong Kong wants diamonds in their wedding band these days!")...the only thing missing was the 'dahling' at the end...

I believe Hullexile means the jewellery store called 千輝, which is directly opposite the Wanchai MTR station on Johnston Rd, by the corner of the zebra crossing.

Mrs PDLM and I got plain white gold wedding bands at Gaily Jewellery with no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    I know what you mean...I lost count of the number of shops who expressed shock (and lost a sale) when I stated I wanted a plain wedding band (one comment was "But everyone in Hong Kong wants diamonds in their wedding band these days!")...the only thing missing was the 'dahling' at the end...
    we got plain wedding band without any hassle

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Mrs PDLM and I got plain white gold wedding bands at Gaily Jewellery with no problem at all.
    Yeah me too in the end, we found what we wanted, but it was after visiting 20 shops that all explained that today, wedding rings can also be fashion...
    I guess we were unlucky. some bad omen, maybe....