what's open tomorrow?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what's open tomorrow?

my first national day in hk and i was wondering-- are most shops are generally open tomorrow?

would shops/restaurants in soho or ifc mall be open?
    and how about local shops in wanchai (specifically the cheap outlet/sample clothing shops, im looking to do a bit of shopping!)

Quote Originally Posted by spring88:
    my first national day in hk and i was wondering-- are most shops are generally open tomorrow?

would shops/restaurants in soho or ifc mall be open?
    and how about local shops in wanchai (specifically the cheap outlet/sample clothing shops, im looking to do a bit of shopping!)
    I would be SHOCKED if you noticed one store closed.

They will all be open.

Spend your money.

It's all about shopping, and no one cares about the "new China" shit apart from the insane party leaders.

the great thing about HK is that nobody really cares too much about the meaning of the holidays.

Christmas, New Years, National Days... they are just an excuse for office workers to take an extra day off and for shops to sell more stuff...

i will always remember the anti-climax of christmas in the UK (i am not a christian or particularly religious). wake up, open presents, play with presents until lunch time, er... get bored, watch titanic... er... christmas dinner?. how i wish i could have gone out and done something (and also had public transport running!)

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:

i will always remember the anti-climax of christmas in the UK (i am not a christian or particularly religious). wake up, open presents, play with presents until lunch time, er... get bored, watch titanic... er... christmas dinner?. how i wish i could have gone out and done something (and also had public transport running!)
    Christmas in the UK is about FAMILY. How can you be bored spending time with your family just for one day in the year? OK, so perhaps you hate your family or you argue all the time, but talking, eating, playing games, watching the Queen's speech together - it's fabulous. I hope they never have stuff open on Xmas day in the UK (although do agree better public transport so you can get to the family home might be an improvement!)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Christmas in the UK is about FAMILY. How can you be bored spending time with your family just for one day in the year? OK, so perhaps you hate your family or you argue all the time, but talking, eating, playing games, watching the Queen's speech together - it's fabulous. I hope they never have stuff open on Xmas day in the UK (although do agree better public transport so you can get to the family home might be an improvement!)
    I think there is a generation gap here somewhere....I'm with UK/HKboy....

Actually, just want to add a bit more - it's not about hating the family, it's not even about HK or UK, it's about being young and wanting to mingle in the jingle, and listening to the Queen's speech together is fabulous?! errrmmm....whatever does it for you ....
    Last edited by ray98; 02-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.

so the same tomorrow then?

all open?

i need a fridge! any suggestions welcome. so far have only checked out fortress... am guessing some of the smaller places in wanchai?

I agree, everytihng will be open as per usual...

It is a great thing about HK, even on chinese new year (the biggest pub hol up here) you will manage to find restaurants etc open.... makes it very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    I think there is a generation gap here somewhere....I'm with UK/HKboy....

Actually, just want to add a bit more - it's not about hating the family, it's not even about HK or UK, it's about being young and wanting to mingle in the jingle, and listening to the Queen's speech together is fabulous?! errrmmm....whatever does it for you ....
    Not sure --- I am 30 (so maybe not Very young but still young enough) and I much rather spend Xmas day at home with the family, opening presents, watching the snow falling by the window (my parents happen to be living near the mountains), eating great food, having endless talk....than going to a Mall or cinema....this I can do it every other day of the year...Xmas is a pretty special moment, much more appreciated when you are surrounded with family in a cosy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Not sure --- I am 30 (so maybe not Very young but still young enough) and I much rather spend Xmas day at home with the family, opening presents, watching the snow falling by the window (my parents happen to be living near the mountains), eating great food, having endless talk....than going to a Mall or cinema....this I can do it every other day of the year...Xmas is a pretty special moment, much more appreciated when you are surrounded with family in a cosy place.
    Exactly. Nice post.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast