Obama to get Nobel Peace Prize

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hu Jia should have got it.

i wonder what award/prize shall with give to ex-president bush, war mongering tyrant (well, he's not really a tyrant) award, hail to the theif ( i rigged the election with my senator brother) award...

Economics.

Thanks to Bush those poor Arabs and Russians now have money for food and other things, like tanks and fighter jets. Heck, some of them have even made it to the Forbes list of richest people.

Oh the wonderful opportunities they were given to really make a killing...err living.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i wonder what award/prize shall with give to ex-president bush, war mongering tyrant (well, he's not really a tyrant) award, hail to the theif ( i rigged the election with my senator brother) award...
    Jeb Bush was Governor of Florida at the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

The Nobel Peace Price hasn't been about peace for a very long time. It is about supporting popular causes and make people take notice. Global warming and Al Gore? Although I am a great supporter of the IPCC and Al Gore what do they have to do with peace?? The Grameen Bank? Though I am great supporter, what does it have to do with peace?? The International atomic energy agency? What does it have to do with peace??

In any case, how would anybody associate "president of the US" with "peace"? What bigger contradiction of terms can there be? The US is the most aggressive, blood-thirsty country in the world, and the biggest threat to world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. No:
    In any case, how would anybody associate "president of the US" with "peace"? What bigger contradiction of terms can there be? The US is the most aggressive, blood-thirsty country in the world, and the biggest threat to world peace.
    I guess we all associate Jimmy Carter with that sentiment when he won it in 2002 with his work with Sadat and Begin.

I guess you should change your ident to Mr No idea about history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. No:
    The Nobel Peace Price hasn't been about peace for a very long time. It is about supporting popular causes and make people take notice. Global warming and Al Gore? Although I am a great supporter of the IPCC and Al Gore what do they have to do with peace??
    When we all start killing ourselves over scarce habitable areas of the world, and scarce crops, Al Gore will have had everything to do with peace!

to his credit, Obama stated publicly that he doesn't think he deserves it...incredible thing is that nominations closed Feb.1 so someone nominated him within two weeks of him taking office...wonder if 'they' will own up now?

the oslo committee said they gave him the award based on his work for the past year ( 2008) What did he do in that year ? except talk about change and yes we can. No actual change

Yeah I agree, this is silly. Well now he's got it, so he better go off and earn it.

And I'm Norwegian, from outside Oslo... Aiiyaa...

Considering how little peace there around the world, I suppose there weren't many options...