Owl City 11/18

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Owl City 11/18

Hey everyone!

Would anyone like to meet up and go together to the Owl City gig next Wednesday? For your information, the venue has just been moved from Grappa's Cellar to The Vine at Central. I'm planning on getting tickets sometime tomorrow or Thursday if anyone's interested. Please PM or leave a message here!

They moved it from a music venue to a church? Is this some sort of happy clappy singalonga music show and praise the lord?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    They moved it from a music venue to a church? Is this some sort of happy clappy singalonga music show and praise the lord?
    See, that was the first thing that came to mind for me too, then I found out on facebook that some Christian band is now listed as an additional supporting act. The reason they gave was that the venue was too small, and the gig was in high demand. Well regardless, I'll still go despite the fact that I'm not a "praise the lord" type...I don't mind the happy clappy though. Owl City is pretty feel-good electro-pop, so I guess that kind of makes sense that he can perform at the church centre....I guess. No alcohol though

I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd bought a ticket for a gig at Grappa's and then it ended up in an alcohol-free evangelical church. I hope they're doing refunds.

Saturday at Grappas should be good with Eugene Pao, Henry Cheung and others doing Chicago Blues. Gigi Marentette made quite an impact last time they did a gig there a few months back, and she's there again. Jezrael Lucero is great too (whether he's playing bass or keyboards)

Last edited by PDLM; 10-11-2009 at 04:33 PM.

owl city is Christian and actually requested that no alcohol be served at any of their gigs..

Oh dear. Glad I didn't accidentally sign up for that then. I can't see why Grappa's would take on a non-alcoholic gig - how would they make money? I guess there was a misunderstanding and Grappa's off-loaded it as soon as they found out.

i just heard a song from them, on a mix tape my friend made me. haha thought they wer epretty good.

how much are the tickets yo?

Oh and by the way they just didnt want alcohol served because most of their fans are teenagers and they didnt want any underage drinkin at the show... Theyre not against alcohol!

This is for anyone whining about the show being moved to a 'church'.

The capacity for Grappa's is about 400. The capacity for The Vine is about 600. The organizers decided to move to show to the bigger venue in order that 200 more people could catch the show, as the first batch for Grappa's sold out within days.

The Vine has one of the best sound/lighting system in HK and is actually an ideal place for shows (anyone who caught the Whence He Came 10th anniversary show early this year can testify to that). It just so happens that it functions primarily as a church.

Grappa's is more a restaurant. So if you asked me, I'd rather catch Owl City in a room that was designed with optimal sound/lighting in mind, than at a restaurant that treats music as background entertainment.

And just so you know, the organizers have gone ahead with compensating Grappa's for the cancellation... so despite the increase in numbers, it's still the same margin of profit for them.

Quote Originally Posted by nostalgic:
    Grappa's is more a restaurant. So if you asked me, I'd rather catch Owl City in a room that was designed with optimal sound/lighting in mind, than at a restaurant that treats music as background entertainment.
    Eh? Have you ever watched a gig in Grappa's?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast